𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝘆 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆!|| Chapter 6

From that day on, Kokichi and Shuichi began spending a lot more time together. Kokichi kept calling him with new nicknames like 'Shushu' or 'Shu-chan'. By now the Ultimate Detective had gotten used to it and he was able to bear him. Shuichi, however, continued to call him in a formal way, even if Kokichi constantly reproached him for calling him by his name.

One evening, after Shuichi had spent the whole day with the grape boy, he lay down on his bed taking the monopad. There were photos and information of all his classmates. Name, surname, date of birth, the things they liked and hated.
Scrolling through he discovered that Kaede hated bicycles, that Angie loved avocado and that Kaito was born on April 12th.
Meanwhile, he arrived at Kokichi

~•Kokichi Ouma•~
Ultimate: Supreme Leader
Gender: male
Height: 1,58 cm / 5'1''
Weight: 97 lbs / 44 kg
Blood type: A
Born: 21 June
Status: alive
Likes: carbonated drinks
Dislikes: pig feet

Shuichi was about to move on to the next person, until he realized his date of birth. He was born on June 21st, also being the first day of summer, and his birthday was only three days away.

<<Shuichi what are you thinking about?>> Kaito asked with a mouthful of food in her mouth. Maki looked at him badly, as she had already scolded him more than once that he was disgusting that he was talking and eating at the same time <<Maybe going out with Kokichi hurts you.>>
Shuichi nodded no <<I was thinking what he might like to receive for his birthday.>>
Kaito looked at him dazed <<Eh? Is it his birthday?>> Shuichi nodded, saying it would be in a few days <<Uhm... I don't know bro, maybe a party?>>

<<Nyahaha! Who said party?>> Angie suddenly appeared behind Kaito, making him jump in fright.
<<Oh seriously you want to prepare a party to that purple rat?>> Maki asked annoyed.
Angie looked at the others curiously and putting a finger under her chin <<Kokichi-kun is about to have his birthday? Shuichi-kun we absolutely have to organize a party! >>
Himiko yawned, turning towards us <<I can show my magic then>>. At this statement, Tenko jumped up next to Himiko <<I will help you absolutely! Not with you, degenerate males!>> then she looked coldly at Shuichi and Kaito.
Kiibo stammered a bit, being embarassed <<I-I don't know how to celebrate a birthday, but I can try to help>>.
Gonta, Tsumugi and Korekiyo nodded, saying to contribute to the surprise.
<<...>> Maki said nothing, only sighed and Miu nodded.

Shuichi created a mind map with all the operations to be done, since Angie had 'assigned' him as 'group leader'.
Korekiyo and Gonta: prepare the room for the ceremony
• Himiko and Tenko: prepare magic tricks
• Angie and Kaito: painting banners
• Tsumugi and Kiibo: preparing gifts
• Maki and Miu: prepare some sweets (not poisoned)

And finally, Shuichi had to distract him. And he also knew how.

<<SHUMAI THIS IS GORGEOUS!>> Kokichi gasped, looking at the blue-haired boy with a box full of bottles of pants, as well as his favorite drink. Shuichi pressed them on the other boy's bed while Kokichi looked at him surprised and full of joy <<I met monokuma who had these in his hand, so I asked if I could take them for you.>>
The supreme leader screamed for joy and jumped into the detective's arms <<YAHOO! SHUMAI IS THE BEST!>>
Shuichi smiled, seeing Kokichi happy for his gift. But on the other hand he was suffering because the boy in his arms was not very light.
<<K-Kokichi, I can not stand you...>> Shuichi admitted, while his arms ached.
Finally Kokichi went down and snorted <<Ooooh Saihara-chan I thought you much stronger! You do a lot of push-ups with that idiot astronaut and the assassin girl!>>. Shuichi looked at him badly for the nicknames that Ouma had assigned to his friends, but both found themselves laughing and drinking panta on the bed (although honestly Shuichi would have preferred to drink coffee or maybe a cup of tea).

Kokichi didn't know why Shuichi had given him all those panta bottles. He hadn't told him about his birthday and at that moment he didn't remember it either.
<<Shumai did you give me all these gift to tell me your feeling for me~?>> Kokichi teased him, while Shuichi turned red from head to toe <<O-Ouma-kun! N-No, it was just for... uhm...>> he had to come up with a plausible excuse <<... h-here I care about you and I wanted to prove it.>>
Kokichi obviously knew he was hiding something, but he pinched his cheeks <<Awww how cute my Shu-chan~>>

After a couple of hours, Shuichi got up from the bed of the purple-haired boy <<Ouma-kun, I am a little hungry>>. Shuichi tried to lie as best he could, even though Kokichi noticed this. But the Ultimate Supreme Leader constantly tuned him to know what he was up to <<Okay! So let's go to the kitchen!>> and so they walked towards the hall.

When they entered, the lights were out and for a moment Kokichi hesitated to enter.
<<N-Nehehe are you looking for a place to kill me?>> said the purple-haired boy, then turn on the lights.
At that moment they all popped up screaming <<HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUMA!>> festoons with photos of Kokichi dropped down on them, while they used a confetti shooter and a lot of these fell on their heads.

At that moment, Shuichi saw a real smile from Kokichi as they all offered their gifts. Angie painted a picture, Himiko performed a magic trick aided by Tenko, Gonta had given a box with little bugs in (which Kokichi immediately threw away) and Tsumugi had prepared him an 'evil leader' cloak and hat, which he immediately loved.

In the end Maki didn't poison the cake and everyone ate it, celebrating and laughing.
Shuichi was sitting next to Kokichi, who energetically ate his slice of cake. He suddenly turned and gave a sweet kiss on the cheek of the detective, who was distracted a second before <<Thank you for all this, Shuichi>> the little grape boy whispered before he was dragged to dance by Angie.
Shuichi had blushed a lot, but he didn't care.

By now he already knew that he probably had feelings for him, in fact he was sure of it.