𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗲|| Chapter 20

At the end, Kokichi got found and everyone felt better.
In other days, Shuichi and his friends started to hang out and to spend time with each other, even with Kokichi.
Still Shuichi tried to spend time with Kokichi alone, but it was difficoult. Even if this was not possible yet, they looked at each other like they did in the killing game.
In fact, Kaede was at Shuichi house because he wanted to invite Kokichi out, just he didn't have the courage. Thanks god his friend was there.
<<Call him!>> Kaede tried to convince him, and she kept saying this over and over <<Call him! Call him! Call him!>>
Shuichi sighed <<No! Are you crazy? I can not do that!>>.
<<Yeah? Then I will!>> Kaede said, grabbing his phone and searching his number.
The poor darker hair detective tried to stop her but she was already calling him. She gave the phone to Shuichi as he started to panic <<What could I tell him? Oh god Kaede I hate y->>.
<<Shumai?>> Kokichi answered the phone as Shuichi freezed and shut immediately up. Kaede sighed and hitted his shoulder, making him know he had to talk.
<<U-Uhm, hey Kokichi, it's me.>> Shuichi started to talk as he started to blush a lot.
<<Yes I know>> he heard Kokichi laughing, and Shuichi's heart melted <<You called me for something?>>.
Shuichi looked at the pianist for help, but she just raised her thumbs to make him understand he could do it. The Shuichi made a deep breath <<I was wondering... if you are not busy tomorrow, we could go to a faif together. It just started, so we could try it? There will be food, music and games. Also, I wanted to hang out just with you...>>
When he said that, he heard a loud noise from the phone like someone fell.
<<Kokichi? You are still there?>> the detective asked, noticing that the Leader was quiet.
<<YES! I mean... yes I am here. And also... a fair? Yes of course.>> Kokichi talked and Shuichi heard a bit of excitation from his voice. Kaede heard that too.
<<Fantastic. See you tomorrow then.>> Shuichi said.
<<Yes, tomorrow then! Bye!>> Kokichi said as he closed the call. Then Kaede jumped of joy and Shuichi fell on the bed, hiding his face in the pillow.
But they didn't know Kokichi yelled so loud, being happy for that call of just 40 seconds.

The next day, two hours before, Shuichi was already nervous as Kaede was helping him to choose his clothes for the date.
<<Try this!>> Kaede gave him some clothes as he went to the bathroom to change. When he came out, he was wearing a black sweater with some white lines, a pair of black jeans and a normal pair of shoes. When he came out, Kaede clapped her hands for herself for what she made him wear.
<<Are you sure this will be fine?>> Shuichi asked a bit insecure. The blonde girl nodded <<Yes! It suits you! Don't you like it?>>.
The boy looked at himself in the mirror <<I do, will he like me tho?>> he asked again.
<<Of course he will! I am sure of it!>> she tried to cheer him up, putting some perfume on his neck and some on his wrists <<Where will you two meet?>>.
Shuichi looked at the time <<I should go to pick him up and we will go together>> he answered, putting his jacket on.
Kaede smirked <<Uhhh, so the detective is ready~>>.
He blushed a lot <<No! I am not! What if I do something bad? What if I hurt him somehow or I do start to be clumsy? Maybe that date was not a good idea at all...>>
Then he looked at Kaede, who was looking at him coldly <<Don't you even dare to say that! That was actually a perfect idea to stay alone with him! Now you are taking yourself back because your insecurities?>>.
Shuichi felt a bit embarassed while Kaede was scolding him, but she kept talking <<You want to get back? Okay, then Kokichi will be free to hang out with another boy if he likes.>> she teased him, and that worked.
<<N-No wait, I never said I would take myself back>> Shuichi immediately said, sighing and looking away <<Okay, I will go now.>>.
Then Kaede smiled again, proudly.

While the detective walked out to get his car, the pianist was still cheering him up <<Go Shuichi! Get your boy!>> she smiled as he blushed, then he waved at her and he started to drive to Kokichi's house.