𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹|| Chapter 8

<<Damn it's so hot today!>> Kaito whined as he moved his hand to get some wind, but he couldn't. It was really hot that day, which Shuichi had to stay in his shirt.
<<Gonta saw a swimming pool here>> Gonta spoke <<Gonta thought maybe we could use that?>>.
Tsumugi gasped <<Gonta oh my god, you are a genius!>> she said clapping her hands. Gonta smiled and blushed a little.
Shuichi froze. He had never liked being in a bathing suit in front of other people. At first he was ashamed to take off his hat, now his clothes too. Shuichi had a nice body, but he didn't want to show himself. He would feel uncomfortable.
Then he turned to Kaito. He probably had no problem staying in costume. He was an outgoing and confident person. Shuichi felt like an idiot and a coward.
While Shuichi was in his mind, everyone else was planning what time to go, what to bring and what to do. The detective thought of inventing an excuse, maybe having a stomach ache, but Kaito called him <<Shuichi are you there? Good. Could you help me tidy up the pool? You know, it's not quite in order. >>
<<W-Well Kaito actually I...>> Shuichi tried to invent an excuse at the moment, but he couldn't because his friend ran away screaming <<Thanks sidekick, you're the best!>>. As he watched him go, he realized he was alone in the room.

In the afternoon, Shuichi and Kaito spent half an hour messing up the pool. It just needed to be cleaned and some things moved.
<<Come on Shuichi, take those wooden planks. After that we're done>> Kaito said, taking away the last things. But before leaving he said <<Do not forget your swimsuit!>> and then disappeared behind the door. Shuichi sighed, still unsure of wearing the swimsuit. In the meantime, he took the boards one on top of the other and put them in a row, then took them.
They were quite heavy, but he managed to keep his balance thanks to all the evening workouts he did with Kaito. Shuichi had to get them out of the hall before they all arrived. He reached Kaito and they finished cleaning the pool.
After that Shuichi went to his dorm and changed completely. He took off his shirt and detective suit he wore every day, then slipped into a swimsuit he found in his closet.
Shuichi had a slim and slender body. Even though he trained every day with Kaito and Maki, he had no abs but was strong enough.

After some time, the detective made his way to the pool. When he arrived, almost everyone was there.
Miu was lying on one of the towels on the floor, where Tsumugi joined her. Kiibo was in the shade (he could not get wet, so he had put himself in the shade also to avoid overheating) finally Himiko was in the pool with the life jacket, while Kaito was trying to convince Maki to enter.
When the astronaut saw the blue-haired boy, he raised a hand and the boy did the same. <<Finally my sidekick is here, me and makiroll were waiting for you>> Kaito said, while Maki muttered <<Yeah, I couldn't stand him anymore.>> he said referring to Kaito.
Eventually Maki walked into the pool followed by Shuichi. Together with Kaito they swam around the pool and talked about random things. Shuichi enjoyed their company. They always managed to involve him in their conversations and always make him smile when he was not well.

As Kaito spoke, a lot of water fell on his head. Behind him was Kokichi on the edge of the pool with a water pistol in his hand, grinning <<Nishishi~ opsie~>>.
Kokichi in his swimsuit was thinner than he looked and his skin was very pale.
<<You little brat!>> Kaito said angrily, while the wet hair covered his eyes. Kokichi kept laughing <<Oh no, Shittymota is angry. Now I'm running!>> he said hysterically, while Kaito's face changed color until it became red by anger.
But still the day at the pool was quite pleasant: they relaxed in the pool, someone tried to get a tan and everyone was quite happy. It seemed that the Killing Game had never started and it seemed that this was not their school where they were locked up.

Later, the night time approached and most of the boys went off to their dorms.
Kaito yawned <<I think we can skip the workout for today.>> and Maki nodded, rubbing a bit her eyes being tired. Shuichi was getting dressed, while Kaito and Maki waved at him and walked to their rooms.
Shuichi checked that he had taken everything and walked towards the exit but strangely fell into the pool again, as if someone had pulled him.
When he swam to the surface, he caught his breath and gasped as he saw Kokichi laughing <<Nishishi~ the poor detective fell into the water! Sorry~>>.
<<K-Kokichi?>> the detective said wondering what we found to laugh at that moment. The leader looked at him almost with a grin <<Oh wait for me Shumai, now I'll help you get out of there!>> Shuichi noticed that Kokichi was fully dressed and the only thing he took off was his shoes.
But before he could warn him, Kokichi dived into the pool. But not really. He launched himself at the detective.
Kokichi fell into the water after the detective and clung to him, who was looking at him dazed. But the leader smiled gently at him and then brought his lips to hers, accompanying them with a caress on the cheek. Before Shuichi knew it, their mouths joined. Shuichi felt a strange shiver, first cold then hot, go through every cell of his body. Kokichi put one arm around the detective's neck, while the other encircled his hips and this made him feel millions of butterflies in his stomach. Even though it was Shuichi's first kiss, he liked to feel their lips touching, it was fantastic to feel their tongues lightly touching... it was as if everything in that moment had stopped. And for them it was all perfect.

They had to stop after a while due to the absence of air. Shuichi touched his lips in surprise as the leader came out of the pool silently and then he went away.
Shuichi felt so good, so free and happy that he didn't notice that the leader was gone.
But he hoped this wasn't their last kiss.