ch. 8

"Maximoff, Woods, I would like you guys to meet Carol Danvers." Tony says entering the conference room.

Respectfully, Raven quickly stands up from her seat, offering her hand to shake.

"Danvers, this is Raven Woods, our new recruit." Tony introduces the younger woman.

"Nice to meet you." Danvers says, shaking her hand firmly.

"I've read about you and let me just say I think you're great." Raven muttered with a smile.

"Thank you." Danvers smiles back.

"Wanda." Wanda greets coldly, barely making eye contact.

"She will be helping you guys with the blackbox and its data." Tony says. "What percentage are you guys currently at?"

"46%." Raven answers.

"You guys made progress." Tony cheers. "Danvers, I'll leave you to it."

Tony leaves the room, the three female individuals left alone.

"So, Tony told me everything on my way back here and I brought something to fasten the download just a little bit."

Danvers takes out a small device, almost like a flash-drive our her pocket, plugging it into one of the computer.

"Is that like a super high-tech alien device?" Raven chuckles lightly as she watches Danvers input a code in the computer.

"Maybe." Danvers teases back. "Watch what happens as soon as I press enter."

Raven watches the download progress move faster than before, decreasing the download time from six hours to two.

"Whoa, that's great." Raven cheers. "At this rate we'll finish this within a week."

"Yeah we will."

Wanda watches the two talk and enjoy themselves like she wasn't there. Feeling neglected, she occupies herself with the remaining of all the background check she has, ignoring Raven and Carol who are too busy laughing and joking about something.

For the past couple of hours, Wanda couldn't stand Danvers. The way she just waltz in the room acting like she owned the place. Every suggestions Wanda had, Danvers had something better in mind. Feeling neglected, Wanda gets up from her seat.

"I'm getting something to drink, you want anything Raven?" Wanda asks.

"No, I'm good. Thank you." Raven gives the woman a smile.

"I would like a bottle of water." Danvers says not making any eye contact. "Thank you."

Wanda rolls her eyes, storming off the conference room.

"I don't think I asked." Wanda muttered under her breath.

All throughout the day it had been nothing but Wanda watching from afar at how Raven and Carol are becoming close. The sight of them together aggravates her.

After spending numerous amount of hours in the conference room, Wanda decides to train to let her displeasure out in a healthy way. She walk toward the slightly open door. Wanda halts her track, hearing Danvers' voice, feeling annoyed already.

"Okay, you're right about that move." Danvers laughs. "Let me try it again."

Wanda observes through the cracks, watching Carol get up close and personal with Raven. She watches the older woman hover on top of Raven, taking her down to the ground, their face too close to each other.

Danvers sits atop of Raven's waist, locking her arms so she wouldn't escape.

"I got you." Danvers laughs.