ch. 24

It took a bit of explaining to do, but the avengers team had gained the speedster's trust. Of course, he still doesn't remember who he is or why they keep referring to him as "Pietro". By the look of their faces, they definitely care about him and that was more than enough for him to loosen up a little bit.

Wanda stayed by his side when Tony insisted on doing a couple tests on him to make sure that he's okay. After he was clear to go, the sokovian woman led her older brother to his respective room, a couple doors down from hers.

As the two siblings walked down the empty hallway of the headquarters, Wanda kept her distance from Pietro, afraid that she might be invading his space especially after she spent the past thirty minutes crying in front of him. Despite the lack of memory of their past together, Wanda was grateful to have him back.

"And here is your room." Wanda said softly as she pushed the door open. "I know it's not much, but when you're comfortable you can decorate it however you want."

Pietro stood awkwardly near the door, looking around the room as if he was looking for something.

"If you want to shower, there are new clothes for you in the closet. If you get hungry, don't hesitate to eat whatever is in the fridge downstairs in the kitchen." Wanda flashed him a smile. "And if you need anything else, I'm only a couple of doors away."

Pietro shuffled further into the room, gawking at his bed like a piece of meat. Wanda turned away from him as she headed toward the door. She stopped on her tracks, glancing at her older brother. Wanda admired him for a little bit before giving him his space.

As she made her way back to her room, she couldn't help but feel the bittersweet of the situation. As much as she's grateful for his return, she wishes that he would at least recognize her. It pains her to see him so closed off and protective of himself like he's afraid he would get hurt by her or the rest of the team.

Wanda opens the door to her room, Raven waiting for her on her bed.

"How'd it go?" Raven asked, offering her lover a hug.

Wanda buried herself inside her embrace, "He's still the same. Confused and closed off. It'll take some time before he warms to me and everyone else for that matter."

"Don't worry baby, everything will sort itself out." Raven pecked her girlfriend's forehead, tightening her embrace.

"Thank you for coming back and bringing him to safety. It means a lot to me and I will forever be in debt to you."

"Anything for you." Raven muttered softly, planting another kiss on her forehead. "I told you I would come back."

"I'm so glad you did because I don't know what I would have done if something bad happened to you." Wanda held back her tears, feeling it choke her from the inside.

"I'm always going to keep my promise to you Wands. It'll be me and you against the world."

"I love the sound of that."

The two passionate lovers took comfort in their embrace, letting all of their problems wash away. For a second, it is just them. For a second, their love for another is the only thing that matters.

As the light started to fill inside the sokovian woman's room, Raven stirred herself into consciousness. The emptiness on the other side of bed made her feel lonely as she's always used to waking up next to the older woman.

Raven hopped off the bed, sluggishly dragging her way to the bathroom where she got ready for the day. After changing her clothes, she made her way downstairs, hoping to find her girlfriend.