Part 5

Y/N’s POV

Feeling something covering my body, I woke up from my nap and sat up straight on my chair, only to see a calm male standing straight beside me.

Looking at the jacket wrapped around my torso, I realized that it was his, and slowly stood up and took off the jacket from me.

"It's okay, Mr. Kim. I have my own jacket," handing the item back to the rightful owner, I admitted I kind of missed the smell of his cologne engulfing me.

I kind of regret not pretending to be asleep for longer too.

"You should go home," he told, and I shook my head, eyes went to the still messy desk filled with paperworks.

"I still have a few to finish," rubbing my eyes and blinked repeatedly trying to keep them open, I knew that I wasn't acting properly like how an employee should be in front of her boss, but I couldn't help it.

It's already almost midnight.

And I'm damn sleepy.

"I've looked through them and it's not that important. You can finish them next week, I'll tell your head of department," he added, and I sighed out loud, not even thinking to cover the relief I felt to finally be able to get off work.

"Really? Thank goodness. Thank you, Mr. Kim" bowing a little as thanks to the boss of the company, I turned to pack my things, wanting to go home quickly.

"Do you -" his voice was still close by telling me that he never moved away from where he stood, and I turned my body towards him to give him my attention.

"Yes?"

"No, never mind" the male cancelled whatever he wanted to say, and even though it usually annoyed me when people stopped halfway in what they were trying to tell, I won't get mad at this guy.

I can't.

He's my boss.

"Alright then, I'll get going first. Good night, Mr. Kim" bowing again, I walked passed him and made my way to the elevator.

"Y/N," I heard him calling my name, and I kept my stance straight as I turned to look at him again.

"Yes?"

"I - call me Taehyung when we're outside office hours," he asked all of a sudden, and I felt a lump in my throat.

"But -" I tried to reject his suggestion, not wanting to start hoping.

"Call me Taehyung," he demanded now, but I still shook my head a few times.

"No, Mr. Kim," I answered, hurt.

"Why?" he frowned, his facial expression showing hurt as well, and I frowned deeper, heart filled with a lot more pain.

"Because we're nothing more than a boss and employee," I repeated his words with a pained smile, and the male froze at what I said.

Turning my heels and walking away from the guy, I bit my lips hard that I could taste blood in my mouth.

You shouldn't fall deeper for this guy, Y/N.

You shouldn't.