CHAPTER 12: CONFESSIONS

Alexander's POV
I came back after some time of getting fresh air while thinking of a plan to get everything back. As I was about to push the door open,I heard a voice and at first I thought it may be her brother but when I opened the door slowly and looked inside, I saw the last person I expected to be here, Xavier Santorini. He was saying something to her but she was still sleeping.

"Kiki I can't bare to see you in this condition. You know the first day I saw you struggling to carry those shopping bags as the wind blew your hair and it was on your face and you were struggling to move it away, you were simply the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and those eyes made me Bewitched immediately they landed on me and that smile of yours always warms my heart. Whenever I see sadness in those beautiful orbs of yours, I feel my heart breaking because you deserve the best and you should be loved and cherished more than that Jerk you call a husband does. Whenever we hang out and you cry over how the protagonist is made to suffer, your purity is projected and you have taught me so much and the one thing that I would never be able to tell you when you're concsious is...," He is going to confess. This son of a gun is going to confess his love for my wife and he doesn't have any shame doing it in front of me.

He doesn't even know you are there dude.

I don't care because this is very disrespectful. What if Kimberly knows of his feelings towards her? Will she leave me and be with him? This isn't good for my plan. I need to keep her far away from him before they ruin everything for me.

" I love you Kiki and every time I see you sad and down it just makes me feel bad because I know how much your promise to your Dad means to you that's why you stay married to that brute even though he treats you so bad. I just wish you could let me be the one to make you happy for the rest of your life princess but I will make sure I make you happy always as am your best friend and so lucky to have your love and care
," The fucker confessed and I was fuming. I just wanted to go in there and bash his face in but as I was about to enter I heard her voice.

"Xavier why are you crying? It's not that serious and besides I will be discharged tomorrow. Come here, I need one of your bear hugs and besides I should be the one sulking since am in all this mess because of your cute smile and persuasiveness ," she joked then he got up and hugged her in such an intimate way and she seemed to enjoy it.

"I love you Xavier. You are the best thing I ever had and the most supportive friend and I won't ever let you go," she professed.
At least this makes it easier for me to use her to get my inheritance back without feeling guilty about it.

I left them to enjoy each other's company seems they like it so much and she seems happier with him.

Xavier's POV
When I called Kiki's house and heard she had been taken to the hospital after having a panic attack, I felt like my world was crushing down and all I could think of while I drove to the hospital was how she was doing. Upon reaching the hospital and parking my car I ran to the reception desk and asked for her room number and when the nurse gave it to me, I practically ran there because all I wanted to confirm was that she was alright. When I opened the door, I saw her lying on the bed and she was sleeping and she still managed to look beautiful and I felt my heart skip a beat at the site before me but on the other hand she looked so tired and fragile that it broke my heart. Her husband was nowhere to be seen but I think it was good because I don't know what I would have done if I saw him because I know only him could have been the cause of Kiki's condition. As I sat on the stool next to her bed and looked at her, I found myself getting emotional and tears spilled down my face and right there I confessed my love for her even though I knew she wouldn't hear me.

I know Kiki loves Alexander that's why his mistreatments hurt her so deeply. All I know even though I have unrequited love for her, the most important thing is her happiness and I will prioritise that. As I was thinking of leaving, she stirred and fluttered her eyes open and when she saw me she smiled. When she saw my tear stained face she immediately comforted me and  that's just what I love about Kiki,she is the most selfless,kind person because she always puts other people's needs ahead of hers and it is such a blessing as well as a curse on her side because some people just take advantage of her and she ends up getting the short end of the stick and it isn't fair for her.

"I need one of your bear hugs and besides I should be the one sulking because I am in all this mess because of your cute smile and persuasiveness," she joked but as I gave her a bear hug I knew she was right. If I had just driven  her home rather than asking her to stay, she would not be in this condition right now. She said something while I hugged her that made my heart warm.

"I love you Xavier. You are the best thing I ever had and you are the most supportive friend and I won't let you go," those words were truly sincere and I was just so glad to have her in my life. We chatted for quite a while before she started dozing off and after tucking her in, saying goodbye and she finally fell asleep and I gave her a kiss on the forehead and left since she needed rest in order to recover. On my way out I saw Alexander on a phone call and at least he was man enough to stay with her since he was the major cause of this incident.

I drove home and upon reaching the first thing I did was have a hot bath and after I hit the bed since I was so exhausted and the next day I had a shoot with my little sis, Nicole. I woke up early to work out and made a mental note to visit Kiki after the shoot. I reached the site and after two hours of losing for the camera since we were doing a shoot for the marketing of a new sibling collection for Channel, we wrapped up and I informed Nicole of Kimberly's condition and she immediately wanted to see her,so we headed there but found out she was already discharged and went home. Nicole called her and after confirming she was alright they decided we shall visit her some other day at home to check up on her. I went back home and Nicole went to meet up with some of her friends for lunch. Back home all I could think about was Kiki and how much she has to endure while living with that man. She really is strong than people perceive and am just afraid that Alex will hurt her and this time the results will be more fatal than a panic attack and I would hate to lose that spark and joy that is contagious. I just hope that she realizes this before things get out of hand.

Clearly things will get excited now that Xander has come up with a plan to fix his recent inheritance lose but also Xavier is adamant and vigilant to protect Kimberly and her happiness. Let's see what will unfold.
Please vote, comment and share.