Texts & Obsessions

Y/N POV
I eventually made it back to my apartment after the shock of getting the beautiful stranger's number even after being an awkward dork about it. I fall onto my bed and sigh looking up at the ceiling. Should I text her? I mean she did say I should so she has my number. But, should I wait? Is it too soon? Why am I freaking out? I puff out some air and pat my hand across the top of my bed trying to find the discarded piece of tech. I find it and unlock it, a smile stretching across my face at the contact that is still open. I click send message and watch my cursor blinks like it's teasing me. Okay, just a simple hi should do.

Hey Angel :)

Okay, that should work, simple enough. I hit send and slam the phone down back on the bed to force myself to not stare at my screen in wait. I sit up, look around my small apartment and decide to get some work done. If I do it now then the rest of my weekend should be relaxing.

My task seemed easy enough until thoughts of the intriguing girl flooded my mind. Her soft, curious tone she used, her calm aura, and of course her totally kissable lips ugh. I seriously need to get a handle on these weird feelings for someone I barely know. I mean, we did talk about some personal stuff, and it was easy to open up to her. It just fueled my need to know more about her. I let my mind wander, thinking about my day and how with one simple conversation, I was hooked. My phone vibrates and I jump slightly in surprise. I pick it up from where I left it on my bed and smile at the text.

Angel: Hey Princess, did you make it home alright?

~Unknown saved as Princess 💕~

Princess: I did in fact thank you for asking. How was dinner?

I set my phone down to continue working but my phone vibrates again. Well, there goes my focus on getting work done.

Angel: It was dinner. The food was delicious. The conversation stressed me out though.

Princess: I'm sorry to hear that, sometimes families can be overbearing

Angel: Tell me about it. I love my sisters more than life itself but I really didn't need to be pestered about my engagement.

Engagement?! Dammit.

Princess: Engagement? You didn't mention that today, is it going well?
Princess: Wait now I'm pestering, forget I asked.

Angel: It's okay princess, but in a way I did. I did confirm I was escaping something, didn't I?

My face echos my surprise. Hmm, this just got interesting. I can almost hear her teasing tone.

Princess: Oh, got it, no more talking about that. It's good that the food was yummy though :)
Princess: If you do want someone to talk to though, I am a great listener

Angel: I know you are, thank you. We had steaks with a salad it was delicious.

Princess: That does sound yummy. I'm craving Italian currently.

Angel: That sounds good too, how about tomorrow?

I pause, is she asking me to get Italian with her? Uh, what??

Princess: You want to get Italian with me tomorrow?

Angel: I'd love to, where are we going :)

I laugh, did she just trick me into asking her to lunch? But she's engaged, so probably not. She's just a tease.

Princess: I have a spot in little Italy we can go to. Are you vaccinated?