Hard Talks 🥃

DG stared down at the liquor in his cup.

"I'm sorry, DG..." I looked down and then back at him.

"It's okay, it is what it is..."

"But it doesn't have to be."

He looked up at me confused.

"What do you mean."

"We're friends now, right?"

"Yes."

"And friends help each other in times of need, right?"

"Of course."

"Then I can save you and your careers."

A glint passed over his eyes.

"How?"

"I think it's pretty obvious by now that I have high and powerful connections in many places, including the entertainment business. I can hook you up with Hale. You already met Jordan, if I tell him to accept you, he will. He'll take you further than PTJ can."

He stared at me in shock. I could tell he wasn't too sure and was waiting for the bitter to the sweet.

Let's not keep him waiting.

"Charles doesn't like me. He doesn't like anyone that will get in the way of his plan. I'm going to tell you this, DG, we're not on his side. We need someone on the inside. Someone that is close to him and can get important information with a phone call. If you join us, you'll be our spy. And we need to make sure you don't stab us in the back so we will take precautions."

"Precautions?"

"You'll sign a contract with us. We'll own everything you own, we'll see your texts and calls, your social media, everything. You will also have to do some things to prove your loyalty such as pushing Charles down some stairs in front of the media but making it look like an accident, perhaps bad mouth him and publish the audio, also making it look like an accident, and other things. You will have our protection throughout it all."

If you betray us, we will also kill you...but I can't tell you that...

DG looked down at his liquor.

"I apologize DG. I know it's a lot to ask but we need to take big safety measures."

"If it's so important, why not get Gun and Goo to be your spies? I'm not as close to him as they are."

"For one, they're not at risk of being kicked to the curve, so there's less motive to help out and not stab us in the back. And two, they are too obvious of choices. Also, Charles would expect it. And if I told Goo and Gun what he put my family through... I don't know how they would react."

"Why? What did the Chairman do?"

"Well, if you agree, I'll tell you everything. Well... almost every. Even what the G boys don't know."

"I...."

"You don't need to agree today, but you can't warn Charles either."

"I don't want to lose what I have. If I have to betray him before he betrays me, that's fine by me."

I smiled and sat down.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Positive. My career is all I have. I need to save it. And I don't want to let him use me till he has no use for me anymore. I'm tired of staying up late at night wondering what tomorrow will bring and how much longer I have. I need this cushion to land on once I fall from his grace. I need this YN, I don't have more time to stop and think."

I smiled.

"Alright then, let's go see Jordan."

I knocked on the front door and looked down at my watch.

"What up, you bitch? Oh, Mr. DG? How can I help you?" Jordan blinked in surprise.

"Let us in and I'll explain."

Jordan opened the door and I lead DG to the couch.

"So what's going on?" Jordan flopped on the couch across from us.

"DG decided to join our team."

Jordan's eyes widened.

"He did?"

"Yes. That's why I asked you to call the others. Did you?"

"Yeah, they'll be here soon.'

"The others?"

"Yup. In order to enter our group, you need to be approved by the...um, top security team. They'll administer a background check, a lie detector test, enter you into the system, and warn you of the consequences."

"Oh...okay." He nodded.

Ding dong!