Prologue

"C'mon Sarah, it is not that hard." 

"Easy for you to say. You never have to do this. It took me one year for all this to grow."

"At least it is painless. It is not like someone is killing you."

"Oh, I beg to differ. I care for every piece."

"My God, woman, just do it already."

I sigh at the thirty-minute argument we are having. 

Ever since I have been in the water, Karl has been begging me to cut my hair. Says it blocks his view of my gorgeous face. 

"Please just do this one thing for me." he closes his hands in plea.

"Fine!" I take the sharp rock in my hand and gather the long brown strands of hair in my other hand.

"Goodbye." I close my eyes and slice. 

"There, that wasn't so hard. Here let me fix the look for you." he flaps his fin and swims behind me taking the rock and the medium lengths of hair from me.

"Not too short, I don't want to look like you," I tell him tilting my head a bit to the side.

"Geez, calm down. I know what I am doing." I feel him cut more and I see them floating away through the water never to be reattached again.

"There, now you look so much better." Karl throws the rock over his shoulder and swims around my figure to look at my face.

I don't comment as I feel very exposed with so much skin from my neck not being covered. My hand covers the right side of my neck as I look at the fish that swims outside of our cave. 

Right now, Karl is helping me learn to properly swim with a new mermaid tail. It may be the same as the fake but the one spine and no legs is a different feeling. Also learning to breathe underwater instead of holding breath needed work as well as I still have that instinct to hold my breath.

"My God, you look like a pufferfish. Breathe out." He pulls his hair as I exhale the breath I have been holding. I didn't even realize I was doing it again.

"I'm sorry alright. I have spent almost all of my life holding my breath so sorry if your high standards can't be reached!" I shout at him in disbelief.

"Cut me some slack alright. This is all new to me. So, easy does it." I lay my hands out at my sides trying to calm the merman and myself.

"I know, it's just frustrating how you have mermaid blood in you, and yet because of the reckless decision your parents made of keeping you with the mortals, I am paying the consequences of you holding your breath underwater when you really need it,"  Karl explains laying on his back floating in the water. He crosses his arms over his chest.

I roll my eyes and swim down to the sand bed we have slept in for the last few days. I cross my own arms over my chest and turn my back toward him. Such a girl! Can't help being completely new to all of this! Without knowing, I have fallen asleep, exhausted.

3rd person

As Sarah sleeps Karl swims out of the cave. He halts twisting around and lift his hand upwards, millions of coral reefs rise up from the sand and make a cover to the cave entrance.

'Best for my future queen protection' 

He swims off heading to the surface. He raises his head out of the water and looks at the aquarium as the guest walks out. The Aquarius Aquarium staff close the doors and disappear inside. 

Karl waves his hand over the building and erases all the aquarium members' minds of Sarah, the Wavers, and of him.  Thank goodness, John hasn't put a sign or said anything to the public of Karl. He turns to swim back down in the water. He thinks one last thought. 

'You are wrong, John. She will not be your personal assistant or treasure. Oh no...She will be my queen! I can guarantee that.'

He dives in and flaps his tail fin up and down. He makes it down to the bottom of the ocean where the caves are mostly located. He arrives at the covered entrance and heads in without taking the reef out.

His eyesight adjusts to the dark and looks down at the sleeping mermaid. The cave only has one rock bed covered in sand which a lovely princess lays. He lowers his form on the sand and scootches closer, wrapping an arm around her smooth waist.

His silver tail twists around hers and tightens in order for her not to slip off. The position where they are in gives deep and disturbing thoughts to paint a lovely picture in Karls mind. His auger shell sliding out of his tail and into her back hole. Mating her will be the best moment of Karls's life.

Although that image has to wait to come true as he needs to take care of a few other things first. He has to allow her to trust him and be wrapped around his finger. 'I know something else I want to wrap around my finger and to pull' Her soft short hair to grip and take control of her head as he clamps his lips on hers.

A slight sting breaks Karl's thoughts and he looks down to see a slit in his tail where the usual 'V' line of his torso slides down. A small indent of his auburn shell can be seen and he inhales.

He didn't intend to get turned on that quickly with his thoughts. He starts imagining other things to calm his arousal. Being king, running his coral sword in the girl's father's chest, and being the ruler of two kingdoms instead of one.

The auburn shells fall in and the slit with slight pain closes leaving a smooth scaled skin. Phew, that was too close. The arousal could have also awoken Sarah with the smell if he didn't calm down.

'Best go to sleep, tomorrow I am bringing her home'

*Hello, readers. The first chapter of the sequel to Water Lovers has been posted.

Comment down below and enjoy=)*