Chapter 18

A surge of power begins to flow through her veins, wind in the cave whisp around and the water begins to wave about banging against the rock the three stand on.

"Cruel and cold like winds on the sea

Will you ever return to me ?
Hear my voice sing with the tide
My love will never die

Over waves and deep in the blue

I will give up my heart for you
Ten long years I'll wait to go by
My love will never die" the wind begins to whirl and form a slowly visible hurricane. Thunder clashes outside as the waves splash about.

"What are you doing?!" John shouts at her as Jack walks closer to his boss. This is more strange than merpeople paying them to take an ancient artifact.

"Come my love be one with the sea

Rule with me for eternity
Drown all dreams so mercilessly
And leave their souls to me

Play the song you sang long ago
And wherever the storm may blow
You will find the key to my heart
We'll never be apart" the girl hovers up and the hurricane meets the sea sucking the water up.

"Sarah, Stop this! I command you!" John screams as the wind pushes harder to make him fly away. The two males skid slightly on the sandy platform.

"Wild and strong you can't be contained
Never bounded nor ever chained
Wounds you caused will never mend
And you will never end" Rocks get thrown about. The trident points to the boys. A beam shoots at them as they scream in fright. 

'Sorry boys but only I can bear this power'

"Cruel and cold like winds on the sea
Will you ever return to me?
Hear my voice sing with the tide
Our love will never die."

Once the wind dies down and the water stops splashing about. The Thunder silencing outside; the mermaid floats back into the water. A crown on her head gleams with the water light and a tear falls down from her eyes that gaze at the two figures.

"Goodbye." The mermaid leaves the two frozen stone statues in the cave to stay forever.

*Wow, what immense power. Is this what Poseidon can really do?! Hm, maybe.

Comment down below your feels and thoughts about the chapter.

Do follow me, vote, and enjoy.=)*