Chapter 14

The ones closest to us can hurt us the most. The one we barely know can impact our lives so much, it leaves us speechless. The is how I feel at this moment. My mouth agape and tears threatening to spill over as I watch guards gripping Krys arms.

"Let me go!" he shouts but it falls on deaf ears. His shouting decreases in volume the deeper he heads off somewhere.

I choked back a sob as Nix turns to look at me. His eyes black, skin pale, fins and claws are extended. He opens his mouth panting and seething with his shoulders moving up and down.

I open my mouth to say something. Anything but come out short. I look down feeling disappointed. I don't know if it is the loyal wife that is disappointed or the fact I am nowhere in figuring out my visions.

"How dare you! I helped you with everything! Brought you to meet your family, giving you the whole entire ocean and all I ask is you be my queen." Nix rants at me clenching his fist and digging his claws in. Drops of bloodstain the floor and some of the blood float in the water between us.

"Nix." I try to explain or get Krys out of this mess.

"SILENCE!" the room shakes and a few cracks appear from his roar.

Nix grabs my wrist and pulls me through the door. He drags me through the castle and down a spiral staircase. We never have been to this area of the castle before. He opens the door chucking me forward.

I land on the red cement floor. I look up from my lap to the room. I don't want to believe it. I understand every guy has his stash of things he wants to keep secret or unknown. This though is the scariest thing I have ever seen.

Facing me is a king-sized bed with black metal posts dug deep in the cement. Black silk covering over the matress with a few pillows. Nice get up but it is not the bed that haunts my mind. It is what on the other walls that send fearful shivers down my spine.

The right side of the room has a wall rack that holds whips of different sizes and lengths. Beneath it on the rack are cuffs and bars. Some cuffs are thick metal or material with the bar. Other cuffs are thin metal or a sort of rope. There is even some ball gags. A wooden table is in front that has an organized line of guns, knives, and liquid bottles of chlorophyll.

I didn't know how a merman can have so many human things for whatever he uses these things for. Wait, if these things are here then it means he uses this place for women, mermaids he wants to please himself.

"Don't worry. This room is for me and you only. Had it installed when you were born. See, had a crib to take care of you." My gaze slowly moves to where Nix is pointing to.

Through the frame of a room near the door, there lays a lovely crib with a lovely shade of cream-colored walls. I flap my arms down to float up and swim in the room. Now, immersed inside, the fear of what this king could have done when I was a child comforted itself. 

He would have taken care of me in this room. It certainly didn't resemble hell despite the other area I came from. This room had stuffies lining the wall to the left and opposite side is a window that I see outside.

Arms wrap around my waist and a long strong tail pats my back as Nix leads me out the room and to the wall where it faces the rack of pleasure objects. A cold metal clicks around my neck. It weighs down on my skin and muscle as I gaze out to the floor.

My brain doesn't focus on the object that just clicked around my neck. Took a second and finally am able to snap out of it. I lift my hand, fingers trailing along the smooth, cold, thick stell around my neck.

I curl my finger and look behidn me to see a chain clicking behind. It is quite a big thick chain that can rip my thraot out of soemone tries to rip it off me. I make out the weight on my back. It is cold which means the chain is already secure around the collar.

"Nix...What is going on?" I look at him with wide eyes. My heart hammers and I try to remain calm.

He can't do this. This is abuse. He...yeah he is the king but still. I am his wife. His queen. No, this can't be ahppening.

"Unlock this collar off my neck." I ask him calmly even with the slight tone of anger in it.

 A firm grip on my face silences the growl I was going to let out.

"You. Are. mine." the familiar grip squeezes my jaw and I look into those blue eyes.

"Do you know I'm pregnant?" I ask looking deep into his soul. Maybe because of my condition he can let me go. Hell, I doubt it judging I am chained like a dog.

"Of course I knew. The moment you threw up for three days, I knew. But I seriously doubt you would want to raise your- our child with a rogue." 

"Let me go," I say in a serious tone but with teary eyes.

"This is your new room and your friend will die." He swims off and closes the door.

"NIX!!! Come back here, you jackass!" I call uselessly.

During the time I am down here. Nix is the only one to bring food and drinks for his pregnant wife. He also allows a doctor to check on me as my stomach swells.

"Is he dead?" I ask out of the blue. My head is leaning on the cold marble wall. My eyes lift from gazing at the floor to the figure laying on the bed. Tail hanging over the edge limp, although his fin at the end is switching back and forth like a dog tail.

"Yes." 

*How are you all? I know, quite graphic but things will get better. 

Do you believe Krys is dead? Comment down below and follow along.

Enjoy=)*