Chapter 19

I swim out from the cave. My gaze moves up to look in front and a gasp flies out of my lips. 

Poseidon's huge form ghost-like hovers in front of me. I bend my head and my torso down in a bow. A finger under my chin pulls my head upwards.

"You, my daughter, never should bow to anyone. Especially not your father." He smiles at me and I smile back straightening my stance.

I finally meet my real father. Even after all the surprises and tears, I finally find my father and can be at peace for once. I sigh finally happy with how things turned out.

"You belong in the sea as I do. Alas, you should return to your king." my eyebrows narrow remembering what he has done.

He may have helped me but he still is a possessive, conceited, jackass of a merman. Chaining me for associating with another merman who turned out to be part of his drastic plan. When I do get back, I intend on having a long talk with him.

"He may have done all that but he like all other kings never seen a mermaid as powerful as you. He was afraid to love as all merfolk do. Don't worry, I shall be with you always as you wield my power and my trident. The ring though belongs to your mother who is still alive." I look at him surprised. That is news to my ears.

"My mother is still alive! Where is she? Dad!" he disappears as I ask questions.

'Go to your king and live like a queen'

I swim back to my kingdom hiding the trident and ring-like previously. I swim in the palace and to the throne room. Nix is yelling at his guards to find me but stops as their gaze turns to the mermaid that just swam in.

"Hey Nix, I am back home."