[11]

After their conversation, Bella and Lizzie stopped talking to one another all together. It wasn't because they hated each other, but they stood on opposite ends of the spectrum. Vampires... werewolves... It was also near impossible to get either one of them alone to talk. Bella was constantly surrounded by Edward, and Lizzie was always with Paul. She wasn't sure where their friendship stood, but she knew she still cared about Bella. At least enough to call once in a while. 

"Come on, Gorgeous, it'll be fun." Paul argued as Lizzie tried to clean her room around him. He kept moving around, standing directly in front of her and preventing any sort of tidying.

"Paul, please, I'm trying to-" Lizzie was cut off as Paul stepped closer, their faces now inches away as he towered over her. 

"You've said no about six times in the last few minutes." He stated, his voice almost a whisper.

"Because I'm trying to clean my room! I didn't say no, just not right this second!" Lizzie protested, folding her arms in front of her. Paul made a face.

"So you will go on a date with me? Tomorrow?" He asked, a smirk growing on his face. Lizzie rolled her eyes.

"Only if I'm taking the other Paul, and not this one." She replied, trying not to grin. He put his hand over his heart, pretending to be offended. "I like him better."

"Fine." Paul replied, stepping aside and laying down in her freshly made bed, putting his hands behind his head and getting comfortable. She shot him a glare over his shoulder as she began to pick her stray clothes off the floor. Paul didn't say anything, but he was enjoying the view.

"So, where is this Paul taking me?" Lizzie asked as she hung up a hoodie in her small closet.

"Well, I can't ruin the surprise, now can I?" Paul retorted, making a face as he came over to her.

"How am I supposed to know what to wear?" Lizzie asked, frowning at her clothes. He draped his arms around her shoulder and put his lips next to her ear.

"Nothing." He whispered, inciting a shiver down Lizzie's spine. Her face went bright red as she turned around and smacked him in the chest. He laughed as he backed away, sitting down in her chair. "I don't care, you look incredible in everything, Gorgeous." Lizzie's face deepened a few shades as he said this, and the sight of it made Paul smile.

"Well, how am I supposed to know? Do I need to wear pants? What kind of shoes? Should I bring a jacket?" She asked, tapping her fingers one by one. Paul just shook his head and chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you warm." He said with a wink, making Lizzie roll her eyes. 

"Alright, smooth operator, you are the least helpful person I've ever met." She stated, waving him off the bed so she could remake it. Paul grinned, walking over to her window and sliding it open.

"I've got to go meet with the pack. I'll see you tomorrow." He said, edging out the window. Lizzie nodded and smiled, closing the window after he dropped to the ground. She waved as he ran into the forest.

The next day, at school, Jessica was freaking out over her valedictorian speech. How she managed to get valedictorian when all she did was gossip, Lizzie had no idea. But she was happy for her nonetheless. Lizzie tensed when Bella and Edward came to sit at their lunch table with them.

"'My fellow students.' Right?" Mike asked, looking to Bella for approval as he pointed to Jess. "'We are the future. Anything is possible if you just believe.' Blah, blah, blah."