[29]

☾ 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 ☾

"Paul, will you just tell me what the surprise is?" Lizzie begged, taking another apprehensive step through the forest as a blindfold covered her eyes.

"What, aren't you excited? You usually love my surprises." He replied. Lizzie could hear his little pouty lip in his voice and made a face.

"That's because your surprises are usually you, in my bedroom, shirtless, when I had no idea you were going to be there. Of course I wouldn't say no to a really hot, half-naked guy in my bed." She retorted. Paul laughed, leaning over and pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"Well, you might still like this one." He stated. Her footsteps went from the plush litter at the bottom of the forest to harder ground, grass, then a bit of gravel. "Okay, you can stop now." He said quietly. She felt him walk around her, grabbing one of her hands and pressing a light kiss to her nose as he took the blindfold off. Lizzie could only see his grin as he stood in front of her, but when she stepped aside, she gasped.

The little cabin was nothing short of beautiful. The walls were panelled with deep wood all around, reminding Lizzie of Emily's cabin. This one was smaller, however, and had a long porch that wrapped all the way around the one side. The lights inside were on, illuminating the trees and the flowers planted along the wooden walkway outside. It was the most amazing little house Lizzie had ever seen.

"Is it-"

"Ours." Paul finished quietly, pressing another kiss to her temple. "Emily's is only a few minutes down that way, and we have 3 miles of land on either side before any other houses. It is very much ours." Lizzie felt a few tears build up in her eyes as she grinned at the little cottage. It was perfect. She let out a squeal as she jumped into his arms, and Paul laughed as he spun her around. 

He scooped her up into a bridal carry and started walking toward the house. She opened the front door for him and he smiled as he carried her over the threshold before setting her feet on the little welcome carpet.

"Isn't that supposed to be after we're married?" Lizzie asked, turning and smiling at Paul.

"Shh, you're ruining it." He mumbled. She giggled as he took her hand and gave her a little tour of the house. There were three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and in the master, a tub large enough to fit the both of them. Lizzie had a feeling that was a big factor on Paul's part. There was an amazing stone fireplace in the living room, and even a hot tub on the deck out back. Lizzie had a much too vivid vision of the boys all crashing into their new house to use it. 

A long dining table and a big kitchen meant having an excuse to use them, and as Paul showed her around, there was nothing that could wipe the smile off of Lizzie's face.

-

"Lizzie!" Embry cried, running toward the house. Jared made a disapproving face as he walked briskly behind him. Lizzie let out a grunt as Embry tackled her into a hug. She greeted the rest of the boys, grimacing only when Jared started screaming about the hot tub. Paul grumbled about going to supervise them, and Lizzie squealed as Sam and Emily came around the corner.

Emily was walking a bit slower, having just given birth to their little baby, and Sam was dutifully supporting her with one arm, his other holding a baby carrier containing the most excruciatingly adorable bundle of joy. 

"This is Noah." Sam said quietly, holding the carrier up for Lizzie to see, she smiled down at the little baby, his fingers reaching up to grasp one of her own.