[14]

"Paul, please." Lizzie pleaded. "I know you're nervous about it, but there could not be a safer place for me to be." Paul huffed, pacing back and forth as he blocked the door to her bedroom.

"I don't want to risk that he could come in and take something else. We should stay here." He replied, shaking his head.

"What more could that do? He already has my scent. The only thing worse he could take is me, and I'd be with you and the pack the whole time." Lizzie argued.

"I can't put you in danger again, Lizzie." Paul stated, shaking his head again. Lizzie made a face.

"You didn't put me in danger the first time. How could I be in danger being surrounded by wolves?"

"No, Lizzie. I'm not- I'm not... no." He replied. Lizzie huffed.

"Okay, how about this? You can come, or don't, or guard the house, I don't care. I am going." She stated, walking over and grabbing a hoodie off the back of her chair. Paul placed his hand over it, keeping her from taking it.

"No, you're not." He replied sternly. Lizzie's eyebrows shot up. She pulled harder on the hoodie, yanking it from under his grip.

"You cannot stop me." She snapped, looking him right in the eyes. Paul made a face, knowing that he couldn't. All he wanted was for her to remain safe, but- "I'll be taking my truck." Lizzie stated, walking around his large form and down the stairs. He wanted to follow her, but... he could tell she didn't exactly want him to.

Lizzie hopped in her truck, not sparing a glance to Paul, who was watching her through the window in her room. To be honest, she hated the idea of leaving him, but she couldn't understand why he was being so difficult. She knew he'd show up on the reservation eventually, but it'd be a while until they both cooled off.

Pulling around the road into the reservation, Lizzie spotted Edward dropping Bella at the treaty's border, Jacob waiting patiently on the other side. Edward turned and began to kiss Bella, leaving Jacob watching angrily. They let go, and Bella walked to Jacob, being enwrapped in a very long hug. Lizzie slowed and rolled down her window.

"Anyone need a room?" She called, raising her eyebrow. Bella gave her the finger, and Lizzie chuckled as she sped up, continuing into La Push.

She spent the entire day hanging around Emily's with the pack, and was grateful they left out any questions about Paul's absence. She helped Emily cook, and did her best to help with the preparations for the bonfire they would have that night. It was technically a council meeting, but Lizzie was excited, because Billy was going to tell them all stories about the Quileute tribe. 

The boys had all heard most of them before, and were groaning about that throughout the day, but Lizzie was excited for two reasons. The first, being that she loved hearing Billy tell stories, and she had since she was a little kid. He always made it seem unreal, and Lizzie supposed now she knew why. 

The second reason, was because she wanted to hear all the familiar stories uncensored. Before, Billy had always left out the parts that involved the wolves. Now, since everyone attending was well aware of their existence, there would be nothing keeping them from the truth. 

Bella and Jacob walked hand in hand as they approached the circle of logs around the fire. Lizzie sat across from Leah, Seth sitting beside her and Embry leaning against her legs as he sat on the grass. Everyone was chatting quietly, enwrapped in their own conversations before the meeting truly started.