Chapter Six

With Aroon and M gone, everything seemed quiet and dull. Life was boring. It hadn't seemed like that before they arrived in town, so why was it like that for me now? Maybe it was because they were from a different country and had brought a splash of color to my life.

That, or it was winter break and I was simply bored out of my skull.

Yeah, the latter worked fine.

I rolled my head to the side, staring blearily at the TV, sound on low so it wouldn't wake up Ryan. He had been out late the night before, fixing statements and whatnot at the bank, so he was trying to catch up on much-needed sleep. I picked up the remote and turned the TV off, pushing myself up to head for the kitchen and make myself a snack. Kettle popcorn sounded really good at the moment. The notification tone sounded from my phone, and I pulled it out, flipping it open. Aroon had texted me. I smiled, opening the message and reading it.

Aroon: This is frustrating! The footage clearly showed Benji was here, and we've been all over this huge place, but still haven't found him. M is getting cranky, 555.

I laughed, remembering that putting 5's in a row was the equivalent of an American 'lol'.

Sam: Remember, San Antonio is a huge ass place. It'll take a while for you to find your friend. Don't give up! I'll pray that you find him. ^_^

Aroon: Thank you, Sam. You're a truly great friend to have. You've lifted my spirits.

At that moment, I was glad he was in San Antonio and I was still in New Village. That way he couldn't see the deep red blush covering my face. Compliments never sat well with me. They were way too embarrassing for me to accept.

I blamed my relatives for that.

Sam: Better your spirits than your ego, lol~

Aroon: Sassy brat.

Sam: I never claimed otherwise, man.

Aroon: :P

Sam: Mature. What, are you turning three this year?

Aroon: No, I already turned 25.

I stared at the phone. Well, that answers the question I never asked of how old he was. He looked like he could be my age, possible a year or two older. But twenty-five?? That was a seven year age difference between us!

Why do I care?? He's my friend!

Sam: Tsk, old man.

Aroon: Who are you calling old?? You're not that much younger!

Sam: I'm 18

Aroon: So

Sam: 7 years difference, dude. ;)

Aroon: Rude

Sam: Again, never claimed otherwise. :P XD

Aroon: M just got back from getting us food. I'll update you when we find something else.

Sam: Ok, ttyl

Aroon: ttyl?

Sam: Means: talk to you later.