☀︎ ponyboy curtis → secretive

thank you so much for the request blythe13- !
i hope you enjoy as much as i enjoyed writing it <33

! comment and vote please !
summary it's hard to be truthful with the people you love, because although the love is present the outcome will forever be unpredictable.

< 3rd person pov >

"why the upset look pone?"

looking up, ponyboy shrugged. not knowing really how to quite put his feelings and thoughts into concise words.

"i don't know soda..." he huffed, his palms brushing each other. when he thought through what he was feeling, he couldn't place his finger on what exactly he felt or really thought. the subject matter that had caused him to suddenly feel this way was important and intense. he couldn't just speak off about it until he was sure on what he felt.

"hey, what's that?" ponyboy mused, his thumb grazing the side of her neck. it was scarred, a bit rough to the touch. she softly laughed, pulling his hand away from the spot.

"nothin, just a weird burn."
her tone was relatively normal, not getting higher or lower, but ponyboy sensed the sudden tension she hid within her.

growing up with the girl, he knew leaving certain things be was better for the both of them...and in this situation at least for right now it was best too, but he could help but wonder what her problem was.

the way y/n pushed his hand away from her and the eye contact she suddenly lost were both signs of discomfort. pony loved her too much to push her about something, so he gave up on trying to.

after that night she had been a bit more distant with him. it started with a smaller amount of hugs, then affection had practically became nonexistent through one weeks time.

he was discouraged on how to bring this up to not only y/n, but now to sodapop as well. he would never speak badly about y/n, he didn't want the way he could potentially word his thoughts, put a bad look on her, but he really couldn't keep this in any longer.

"y/n has been acting strange all week."

he finally spit out, truthfully. she in fact had been weird, and with every passing day, hour, moment he couldn't help but feel guilty.

"how so?" sodapop questioned, he, himself reflecting on the past week to see if there had been anything relatively different about her behavior.

"she hasn't really talked to me at all, hasn't given me a hug since monday. haven't you noticed that she suddenly has an excuse to leave early? "my parents are expecting me home." you know her parents soda, they don't care if she sleeps over here, let alone stay for hours on end!"

ponyboy, now getting all these emotions off his chest caused his voice to raise a bit. sodapop placed his hands on his younger brother's shoulders,
"stop yellin', i get how you feel."

pony nodded, exhaling as he rubbed his hands together. "i don't wanna blame you for anything, but is there something you might've done that might've caused her to act differently?"