☀︎ dallas winston → burnout

! comment and vote please !
summary school work and normal life tie in together almost seemlessly, sharing the same factor: it's tiresome.

< 3rd person pov >

"hey honey, are you alright?"

her eyes snapped towards darry, exhaustion polluting her vision. "yeah, i'm fine." she reassured him, sending a smile. darry nodded at the information he had now retained, leaving her alone.

y/n had been at the curtis residence for hours, needing, trying to catch up on schoolwork. her brain was mush at this point, past the point of being able to efficiently work.

seeing the pile of assignments she had failed to even start caused her to falter. so many hours, still so much to do. very overwhelming for her. not wanting to grab the attention of anyone in the house, she quietly groaned, rubbing her eyes.

she often had thoughts of dropping out of highschool, really not being able to keep up with everything that came with it - but she was conflicted with the decision. having reassurance from select people was the only reason she still attended, but that reassurance was running low.

one more question, then a break. she'd tell herself, ignoring the amount of times she had told herself that. she knew herself more than she'd initially think. she knew if she took a break, that break would turn into a hour long break, rather than a few minutes.

she tried to control her mind and her cravings to give up, wanting to feel accomplished for once.

from afar, dallas and darry observed her, watching as her lips would move due to her talking herself through math equations. they weren't watching in an admirable way, being more concerned observers.

burnout would be making its way into her system soon, and that would cause her to completely give up, not only for the night but most likely for a few days.

they were happy to see the pencil fall from her hand though, her eyes shut for a few seconds before reopening.

she stood, exhaling rather heavily, stress polluting her satisfaction with the stretching of her limbs. her feet carried her through the kitchen and into the living room.

"anyone gotta smoke?"

she asked, looking to everyone's face.
johnny reached into his jean pocket, pulling out a cigarette, soon projecting it towards her.

"need a light?"

y/n shook her head from left to right,
"no. thanks johnny."

she didn't stick around for more than what she felt was needed, wanting to relax with her cigarette before having to slave at the dining table for a few more hours.

the door shut behind her, the warm air hitting her forearms and her neck - it made her crack a grin.
the cigarette was placed in between her lips, her right hand cupping over the filter as her left hand brought the lighter to the end.

smoke filtered into her mouth and into her lungs, leaving a nice warm sensation down her throat. it was relaxing.

she shut her eyes, slowly exhaling the smoke out of her nostrils. she could hear the door open and shut, the floorboards beneath their feet making noise due to the sudden weight placed on them.