☀︎ winston sister → entitlement

! comment and vote please !
summary not everything can be resolved with ease. some people aren't compatible, being related by blood not mattering in those instances. maybe there's hope for those people, but then again...maybe there isn't.

< 3rd person pov >

"oh my god..."

she covered her face, leaning against the countertop - hoping she was only imagining things. "y/n, look. some cute boys." y/n growled with annoyance, and slight disgust to what her coworker said. "those are my brothers..." she responded, shaking her head - looking towards the girl next to her.

"all of them?"

"pretty much..."

"well y/n, if you won't take them, i will." she offered, a small smile evident. y/n stood up straight, sighing. "no. i'll get um'."

had she been working with a different coworker, she would've let someone serve them rather than herself, but darcy... she was bold. y/n didn't want her to flirt with them or vise versa, so she had to do what had to be done.

"alright, what do you want?"

"that's no way to greet your paying customers."

a few of the boys looked in between dallas and y/n, always enjoying their sibling banter. "we're only here to see how you enjoy work." ponyboy explained, hoping he be the one to keep the peace civil between the two siblings. y/n glanced to ponyboy who sat beside dallas - the snarl not leaving her face.

"yeah right." she regained her posture, inhaling deeply as she ignored dallas's presence.

"what can i get y'all to drink?"

it didn't take her long to gather their requests and go get them, because soon she rushed back with a tray filled with a variety of liquids. she placed each drink in front of their specific person, before standing back up straight.

"have y'all decided to what y'all want to eat?"
taking her notepad from her apron pocket, she held it in her hand, clicking the end of her pen. not exactly efficiently, she gathered their food orders  - soon scurrying off the same as earlier to give the incoming orders to the cooks working in the kitchen.

coming back out into the front of the restaurant, she looked over all the tables that had people sitting in them, of course with incoming customers coming through the door.

darcy took them for her, sending them each a welcoming smile. something y/n knew she was supposed to do on the regular to keep the welcoming reputation the diner had. she couldn't do that consistently though. her normal face having either a scowl or a slight condescending look to it.

smiling wasn't something she had to think about doing in her personal life, only really smiling when she couldn't help it. being forced to smile just to appeal to the people she could potentially serve annoyed her - that being the reason she had a hard time with it. her smile that wasn't natural, to her, clearly was artificial, and she could only assume that's why she viewed herself in a different light while at work...feeling more insecure and out of her element.

sighing, y/n looked towards a table that now was free of people, seeing that it needed to be cleared in order for other people to dine atop them. walking towards the table with a bin in her hands, she set it on the booth seat, placing the dirty plates, utensils and cups inside. she wiped the table off and set the salt and pepper shakers back into their original spots, readying them for more people. without noise, she hoisted the bucket of dishes up, soon briskly walking past the table that sat the boys, not giving them her attention like some of them might've expected.