☀︎ steve randle → grocery run

! comment and vote please !
summary shopping isn't fun for some, but certain people can make it a bit more enjoyable.

< 3rd person pov >

"i have connections here, she'll know where this stuff is. we'll be here no longer than 15 minutes...20 minutes tops." sodapop reassured steve.

steve had complained all the way to the grocery store, wanting to return to the curtis household, have a slice of cake and take a cat nap on the couch. but darrel curtis just needed both sodapop and steve to get ingredients for his famous cake before returning home. going to the store after a long day of work wasn't ideal.

both boys were greeted with stares, making the trip a bit less bearable. the stares could've come from the fact that they were still in their work uniforms, that happened to be covered in grease, dirt and a bit of sweat or, maybe because they were greasers. neither boy could tell. everyone within the store looked to be socs, being that this specific grocery store was stationed in between soc and grease territory.

being in there wanted to make steve hurl, the smell of expensive cologne and daddies money was overbearing. he didn't want to be in there, not in the slightest.

"dude you didn't tell me your friend was a soc."

soda went ahead and grabbed a grocery cart, glancing towards steve, unphased by all the soc's within the store.

"she's not a soc. she's a grease."

after speaking he walked off with the cart, his strut so confident steve didn't say anything - not wanting to disrupt him in any way.

steve observed the isles they walked through, curiously looking around once they neared the bakery at the back of the store.

he saw a girl, concentrating on the task she was trying to complete. she was the only person back there, amusing him because of how many people he saw near the front. the closer steve and sodapop got, the more they or steve was able to observe the female closer.

she had a bag of frosting placed in her hands, a cake underneath the tip, resting on the table.

"hey y/n."

hearing her name get called, she looked up - soon smiling towards her friend. setting the bag onto the table, she walked to the counter.

"how may i be of service, sodapop?" soda gazed down to his pant pocket, reaching into it, pulling out the list he had. seeing it now in his hand, y/n nodded understandably.

"grocery run huh?"

"you'd be correct, would you mind helping us out? i don't know the store well enough and steve here is gonna throw a fit soon if he doesn't go home."

soda pointed towards steve who stood a few inches away from him, emphasizing him as he spoke. "that is if you're not busy."

y/n shook her head, chuckling quietly. she briefly looked towards steve before going back to soda. "give me a second and i'll help y'all out so steve can return home with minimal complaint."

"thank you."

y/n turned around, going back to the cake she had been working on - only placing a lid on it before taking it to the fridge to place it inside. steve and soda patiently waited, soda making small talk while steve only barely listened.