☀︎︎ ponyboy curtis → piano keys

! comment and vote please !
summary music can be the source of love, in some cases it's what makes it spark.

< 3rd person pov >

"pony! i've arrived!" y/n shouted, pushing the door open into the curtis household. from outside the home, it had been unusually quiet. but someone must've been home, since the door had been unlocked.

she didn't wait long before receiving a muffled response from ponyboy.

"be out in a second!"

y/n shut the door, making sure to lock it behind her - not wanting to be stupid like pony had been keeping the door unlocked. she walked through the living room and into the kitchen and then to the dining room. pony's papers, textbooks and stationary had been laid out, ready to be used.

she removed her backpack from her shoulders and set it down in front of pony's things. the house was still quiet, and that nerved her in a way, knowing their house was the loudest of them all.

her legs carried her back into the kitchen, with hopes to get something to quench her thirst. she found a can of coke, cold to the touch. she took a sip, making her way back to the dining room.

she briefly glanced towards the table, seeing one of pony's books on the ground. she frowned, walking to pick it up. before she could though, her foot slammed into the leg of the piano pushed to the wall.

she bit her lip, suppressing a groan that wanted to escape. the piano had been there for years, and not only y/n but everyone had accidentally hurt their feet walking past it.

in the past mrs. curtis had been the one using it, keeping it pristine. but since she's not here anymore it had collected dust. once she recovered, she bent down and blew some of the collected dust off, wanting to try and clean it slightly. keep its memories alive.

y/n recalled seeing mrs. curtis sit and play for hours. singing and teaching her to play small melodies of her favorite songs. they were some of her favorite memories.

she cracked a tiny smile, apprehensively bringing her index finger to an a key. she wasn't sure if she wanted to play, cover mrs. curtis's fingerprints with her own - feeling it would be selfish of her.

"y/n come here honey. let me teach you something." 

mrs. curtis's southern accent rang through the house, reaching y/n's ears. she smiled, setting her drink down on the counter before walking towards the woman sitting at the piano.

mrs. curtis invited the girl to sit next to her, sending a reassuring smile. y/n couldn't turn mrs. curtis down. she followed what the woman wanted and sat beside her, watching as her fingers danced across the keys.

with moves as swift as hers, beautiful sound followed. y/n watched in amazement and mesmerization. she didn't play for long, only wanting the girl to hear what she would soon learn.

mrs. curtis softly grabbed onto y/n's right hand, placing her fingers on the correct keys.
with directions and the woman's demonstration,
y/n began to make the same noise mrs. curtis did.