Annoying | Steve Randle

comment and vote please !

Y/n released a heavy laugh, not being able to hold it in any longer. To her she saw throwing random things at her fellow coworker, Steve, hilarious. Something about seeing his face when he'd get scared with whatever she decided to throw at him was funny to her, causing her to verbally show her pleasure in doing so.

"Y/n, are you that bored?" Steve asked, annoyance present in his tone. She covered her mouth and looked towards him. Her eyes were now clouded with tears, as she nodded. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Go mess with Soda or something." He sighed. She nodded and walked towards the door, trying to prevent herself from laughing any harder. But as soon as she opened the door and looked back at Steve inside, she immediately started laughing.

He rolled his eyes, flipping her off before the door closed. Sodapop was talking to Ponyboy, Dallas and Johnny, the normal residence of the DX. No matter what y/n did, she couldn't stop laughing, quickly gaining the attention of all 4 boys. She could hear Ponyboy begin to laugh and then soon Johnny, making her laugh even more.

"Stop...stop laughing, I'm gonna piss myself." She said through tears. "Ugh my stomach hurts." She winced, temporarily stopping. She sat at the curb and placed her head in her hands, closing her eyes. She breathed in and out, trying her best to regain whatever form of self control she had.

"What are you laughing at, y/n?" Dallas asked, being assumed himself. She looked up and smiled at him, proud of what she had accomplished throughout the day.

"I've been throwing things at Steve all day, but this time I threw an entire pack of cigarettes at his face. The way he looked at me and the way he got scared...oh my god." she laughed, wiping her eyes. Sodapop turned completely around, "Not this again." He complained.

"What Soda?" She temporarily paused again, wanting to know what could make Soda so easily disappointed.

"Last time this happened, y'all wouldn't talk to each other for hours on end because y'all were annoyed with each other. I can't work, with my 2 best friends not talking to each other." He paused.

"You gotta go apologize, y/n." Soda finished, crossing his arms like a mother would to her misbehaving child. She stood and looked at him, being astonished with his thinking.

"Steve's a big boy, he can deal with it and last time it wasn't because of us throwing stuff at each other."

Sodapop glared at her. "Fine!" She rolled her eyes and giggled. "I'll see y'all later. Ponyboy you better tell me about that girl you've been obsessed with after work or else I'll beat your ass." She winked, causing the young boy to instantly turn as red as a tomato.

"Oh a girl? Tell me Pone, who's this girl?"

Y/n's POV

When I walked back inside, Steve briefly made eye contact before looking away.

petty

I'll just give him a little space, maybe that will help that diva's attitude.
I walked through the isles, my eyes soon meeting chocolate snack cakes.

He can't hate me if I buy him his favorite snacks

With the snacks nestled in my hands, I walked to the register and lent my arms onto it, staring directly at Steve.
"Can I help you?"
He didn't even bother to look up at me.

his customer service needs some help

I had so many things I could say to him, but I remembered what Soda had ordered me to do.

apologize to him

That's the only thing holding me back from rocking his world, with myself.

"Would sir Randal mind ringing me up?"

"2 dollars."
someone's sassy

I handed him the money and walked behind the counter, soon behind Steve. I wrapped my arms loosely around his shoulders, a smile gracing my face. "I was just messing with you, I didn't mean to upset you Steve." I lent my head against his and held the cakes in front of his face.

"Will you except my apology if I give you these?"

I heard him giggle, taking the small package out from my hand.
"Of course, we couldn't last a day without talking to each other." 

I kissed his cheek, "You're right."
I stood back up straight, patted his back and went back to the stool several feet away from him.
"Did you just kiss me?"

I furrowed my brows, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly. "Yeah, I thought you noticed."
He stood and came over to me, staring deep into my eyes.

"If I get a kiss for every time you've pissed me off, I should be getting way more l/n."

I chuckled and enclosed my palm on his shirt, gently pulling towards me. His lips were hovering over mine, his eyes looking up into my eyes and down to my lips.

"You wish Randle." I licked my lips before pushing him back, winking at him.

"Woah."

Both Steve and I looked at the sudden, unfamiliar voice. All four boys were by the door, staring at us with their eyes wide.

Pony crossed is arms and smiled. I could tell what he was about to say. "Y/n, you better tell me about this boy you've been obsessing over after you get off of work or else I'm beating your ass."

I stood up and walked up to him, slapping the back of his head. "Shut up."

Sodapop looked at me and then to Steve, repeatedly.
"Chill out Soda, don't get a nosebleed."
I said, pushing him a little. To ease the awkward stare he gave both of us.

"So are y'all?"

I looked over to Steve, watching as he did the same.

"We'll see."
We said in unison.

"I'm fine with it as long as there is no PDA in the workplace." I rolled my eyes.
"You kidding? I don't know where y'all boys have been." I laughed, hearing a few laughs and a few sighs. Steve had gone back to what he was doing as I continued talking to the boys.

I wrapped my hand around a candy bar and smirked when I contemplated throwing it. I looked up and met the gaze of Sodapop, telling me silently not to do it.

as if i'd listen

I quickly chucked it at Steve, hearing him gasp out of sudden fear. I covered my mouth with my hand and looked over at Steve. He looked so disappointed.
I loved it.

"I'm sorry that's the last time, I couldn't help myself."

thank u for reading :)
12/2/2020
requests are open btw, so don't hold back
1,124 words