☀︎︎ the gang → sudden sickness

! comment and vote please !
summary physical sickness can take a tole on someone - especially when that sickness requires help from other people.
TW : vomit (emetophobia)

< 3rd person pov >

"what happened to you?"

darrel curtis asked y/n, noticing how different she looked compared to her normal self. her hair normally wasn't combed or generally presentable, but it looked significantly worse. her under eyes, we're darker than normal, her eyelids puffy and the waterlines in both her eyes swollen.

"this anyone's?" y/n asked, a mug of coffee now in her hands, ignoring the question darry had just asked her. he took his mug from her grasp, placing it back on the counter.

"where'd you go after you left last night, y/n?"

she cleared her throat, scratching the back of her neck under darry's gaze. "dally and i went to the bar last night, stayed there for a couple hours and then left." she truthfully said - yet darry wasn't satisfied with her answer.

"and?" y/n shrugged, her eyes dropping to her feet. "i might've accidentally fallen asleep at the park."

darry's eyes widened, his hands coming to his hips. "y/n," he began, sighing. "i know i know..."

"it was raining and freezing last night! even johnny stayed here for the night!"

"i was drunk!" she defended herself, raising her voice slightly. in return to her raised voice, her throat felt scratchy - resulting in a small cough, enough to clear her throat temporarily.

"so you're sick?"

y/n sighed, placing her palms onto her head. "no."
the doorknob moved, soon opening - the cool air from outside flowing inside the heated house. y/n groaned at the sudden temperature change, shutting her eyes.

"someone puked on the sidewalk." two bit laughed, shutting the door behind him and steve. darry's eyes snapped towards y/n, knowing the puker had to have been her.

y/n couldn't look back towards darry, feeling embarrassed about the situation she had just put herself into.

soon ponyboy came into view from the hall, grabbing a slice of toast darry had made. "oh hey y/n." he greeted, sodapop soon following in from behind him, his eyebrows furrowing towards the girl. "woah."

y/n looked up, now looking at all three curtis brothers. "you okay?" soda questioned, now close enough to put the back of his hand against the skin of her forehead. she pushed his hand off, grimacing.

"don't touch."

"i guess you're not tagging along today?" pony asked, referring to school. before y/n could respond, darry did for her. "no, she will not."

pony nodded, taking a bite of his toast. "i'll fill you in later than." he said, sending a sympathetic smile towards her. her lips lifted into a grin, nodding to his offer. "you're staying here, two-bit and johnny y'all will too. i don't need you leaving and gettin' sicker
y/n." darry ordered, pointing at y/n near the end of his sentence.