☀︎ sodapop curtis → hooked

a/n - after writing this, i have a gut feeling that sodapop would definitely call y/n, "mommy"...
i cant be told otherwise anymore.

! comment and vote please !
summary cockiness isn't usually an attractive quality, but it's a bit strange when two people both have that quality - finding themselves potentially infatuated with each other.

y/f/s » your favorite soda

< y/n's pov >

"you know, y/n. i don't get how every girl seems to just obsess over me...every girl, but you."

his words rang through my ears and for some reason
made my stomach churn in frustration and irritation.

i turned around, expecting him to be farther away than he actually was. he stood directly behind me, his wide smile being the first thing my eyes caught a glimpse of. there were only a few inches between our bodies, adding to the feeling and emotions i already felt towards him in the moment.

this cocky motherfucker.

"it takes a lot more than a pretty face to get me hooked, sodapop."

his smile only faltered slightly, his gaze still matching mine. with a wide smile, i placed my hand on his chest and pushed him back - putting him back in his place.

"now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna finish filling up this soc's car. i'd suggest you get your ass back to work as well, curtis."

he curtly nodded, continuing to smile as he respectively walked away and back into the dx.

oh how i loved messing with his head.

< sodapop's pov >

"she put your ass to shame, man."

steve hollered as i stepped inside. he laughed, his palm meeting the countertop every time he slapped it. if it wasn't for his contagious laugh, i wouldn't have laughed back.

the conversation i had with y/n had tugged at me a bit. the feeling that followed though was a bit unfamiliar. i couldn't quite place my finger on how those emotions made me feel. they just made me feel different.

"what am i missing steve?"

never in my life would i picture myself asking steve for advice on women, even if he was my best friend. usually i don't have to think when it comes to girls, but with y/n, she was a bit tricky to understand, that probably being the very reason why i fancied her.

"i don't know, but you gotta figure it out if
you want her to like ya' back."

"it takes a lot more than a pretty face to get me hooked, sodapop."

a tiny grin perked up onto my face, her words repeatedly sounding in my head. her attitude, her tone, her smile. everything she would do, would just continue to grow my infatuation with her stronger.

the bell attached to the door rang, informing steve and i that the girl i've been swooning over was now inside.

"there's the feisty lady."