Hearts in Seoul

Seoul, Korea was lovely, although a little too cold for Serena's liking. She was surprised when it was the blonde Casanova Alex that greeted them at the airport.

Darien didn't really elaborate. Change of plans was his brief explanation. She just refrained from uttering, Again? It seemed to her that Darien had been changing his mind too often these days. It was quite unlike him. Then again, she never really knew him, did she?

"Hello, sweetheart," Alex said, beaming at Serena. "Welcome to Seoul."

"Glad to be here."

"Stop flirting with my wife, Alex," Darien warned.

She felt her cheeks go warm.

"Oh, don't be a grouch, pal," Alex taunted. "I did as you asked and set up an appointment with Michelle."

"I didn't for one moment doubt your powers of persuasion," Darien replied with equal mockery.

"Ah, but she didn't do it for me." Alex made it sound like Darien was the reason why the appointment pushed through. "Aren't you a very lucky girl, Serena?" he asked sweetly.

"Huh?" Serena was not really following the men's discussion. And she was unsure if she wanted to meet this Michelle or not.

"You're one of the few people who's gained the privilege to meet the illustrious Michelle."

"Where is she staying? We have a reservation at the Hyatt," Darien interrupted.

"Excellent. Charming Miss Farley made the booking?" There was a sneer in the racer's tone.

"Not that it's any of your business, but no. I'm perfectly capable of doing simple jobs from time to time."

Did he not want Raye to know that his wife was coming with him in this trip? was Serena's line of thought.

"I can't believe that you're this insecure of me, Darien." Alex helped Darien put their luggage in the trunk of his car before opening the one of the backdoors for Serena. "I'm sure your husband," he emphasized, "wouldn't allow me the pleasure of your company in the passenger seat." Alex saw that Serena was looking at Darien who was walking toward them. Alex turned to the latter while holding the door open for Serena. "Afraid that little Miss Farley would want to tag along?" he mocked.

"Give me your keys," Darien ordered. "I'm driving."

Alex threw it at him and Darien neatly caught it near his right eye.

Serena got in the car and pulled the door close.

"Didn't know you have a license here," Alex commented once they were all seated.

"The only license I long for right now is 007."

"Right. Right. That would complete your image. I thought you hated those Bond stuff."

"Do you really want to die, Alex?" Darien didn't sound serious. He turned on the ignition.

"I just can't believe you're be this threatened by me. Why bring Michelle into this?"

"What is 'this', Alex?"

"Well, you're aware that I'm ready to compete for Serena's love."

"Tough. There's no competition."

Serena's throat hurt. Does he know? How much I love him? That he doesn't have to compete?

"Says you. What do you say, sweetheart?" Alex looked at her through the rear view mirror. "What place am I right now? Second or first?" He turned to the man at his side. "I heard that one Dr. Masters-the younger one-is biding his time. And that a Seiya Kou is getting the best treatment in Europe. Oh, and how could I forget about that wimp Ledger who—"