Chapter two

Aabirah is wearing pyjamas and arranging breakfast at the table with her hijab on

Aabirah is wearing pyjamas and arranging breakfast at the table with her hijab on. Safwa and Jalil walkout from the passageway leading to the rooms.  "I knew it was going to happen... I have told you," Jalil says, to Safwa.

Safwa smile. "I thought the same as well. I just wasn't sure.".

Jalil and Safwa look at the table, Aabirah is arranging the spoons and forks on the plates. Safwa smile, her sister's kind gesture fill her heart, She has no words for the gratitude she feels.

Jalil walks to Aabirah. "Good morning,".

Aabirah has a smile on her lips as she looks at him. "Good morning. I made breakfast today. I try my best to come up with something.".

"I don't have words to thank you." Jalil sits on the chair.

"I need to be doing something. I have already spent a few days, and it is boring not to do anything," Aabirah says.

"Don’t allow yourself to get stuck inside. Go out, and see the garden and playground,".

Inside, Safwa is smiling, her sister and husband are getting along.

***

Aabirah follows some stones that lead to the garden door. She walks into the garden after opening the door. The sun washes the garden with a golden glow on the different beautiful flowers. Aabirah looks around with admiration, The colors of the flowers make the garden look more nicer.

The garden has grass all over the area. On the other side, it has a soft ground with a playground where children can play. There are Swings, slides, and Merry-Go-Round.

She walks ahead and sees a duck pond with ducks. An insect flies all over her as she walks toward it.

She removes her hijab, waving it all around. "Shoo... Shoo,". She falls backwards, a man helps her get back on her feet after catching her.

She turns back to know who it is, She stare at the handsome man in front of her. Her subconscious kicks in, she wears her hijab, looking down.

She apologizes.

He smiles. "Don't worry, I don't know if someone can be afraid of a moth.”.

"A moth?"

He points to a moth landing on a flower
"Yeah, what you were driving away is a moth,".

"I thought it was an insect; cockroach, or a spider... something like that,".

He laughs.  She smiles, admiring him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"Why are you asking?".

"I live downstairs and have never seen you before. I am Dalaj Aman,".

"You must be my brother-in-law's brother.".

"Brother-in-law? Is it possible that you must be Safwa's bubbly sister?  I think I have seen you before,".

Aabirah chuckles. "I am. My name is Aabirah,"

"It's nice to finally meet you, Aabirah. Safwa talks a lot about you."

Aabirah smile.

Dalaj asks "What brings you here?".

"Brother-in-law wants me to spend my time here. I don't think I noticed you when I walked in.".

"I followed you, because...,".

"You think I am a thief?" Aabirah asks.

"I've never seen you before... I'm sorry,".

"Why are you apologizing?".

Dalaj is going to say something. Aabirah laugh.”Forget about it. Nice meeting you, Dalaj,"

Dalaj smile. "Nice meeting you too,".

"I am sure you will enjoy your time here. I have to leave. Will I be able to see you again?" Dalaj ask.

"I don't like staying in one place,"

Dalaraj walks to the garden door. Aabirah smile as he walks out.

"Aabirah! This beautiful, amazing place is just for you to enjoy," Aabirah says to herself.

***

Aabirah is sitting on the bed, watching on her phone, when she hears a knock on the door.

"come in,".

Safwa walks in. "You never changed,"

“Do you want me to change?” Aabirah asks, sitting up, and keeping her phone away.

"I don't think I want you to change," Safwa replies, sitting on the bed.

Aabirah asks, "do you know Dalaj?".

"He lives downstairs. He's Jalil's brother," says Safwa. "Why did you ask?".

"I met him in the garden and he is a lovely person, and pretty nice too,"

"He's perfect to be true," Safwa smile.

Aabirah laugh.

"Ann... Laughter... What happened?" Safwa ask.

"What do you mean? Nothing... Hey....," Aabirah laughs.