Chapter 22

In front of the ICU, Dalaj is facing it, tears flowing from his eyes. The love of his life is on a thin line between life and death.

"I don't want to be separated from you, I just want to stay with you today.... Why don't you cancel your appointment for today," Aabirah says._

"Aabi... I have to go to the company and I have to check the flower shop too, I will be yours tonight,"

"Promise me, promise me you'll be with me tonight, promise you'll be with me forever, Dalaj," Aabirah says.

"I will be with you forever and ever... I have never told you, but I love you... I love you Aabi,"

Aabirah holds his cheek kissing his lips, and look into his eyes. "I love you, Allah knows how much I love you, because in every dua. I pray for you and your happiness. I pray for us. I don't know what destiny might hold for us, but I will always be called your better half,"

Aabirah hugs him tightly, feeling the warmest between them.

Safwa and Jalil arrive at the hospital and go straight to him.

"What happened to my sister, Dalaj? What did your maniac wife do again?" Safwa asks, controlling the tears in her eyes.

Dalaj is still in shock, facing the ICU.

Jalil hugs her from behind. "Calm down, let him be,".

"If anything happens to my sister, Wallahi, I will do twice worse to her,"

"Let's go and wait," Jalil says, disengaging the hug, holding Safwa's hand.

Safwa removes his hold, and shake her head. "I am not leaving, I am staying here,"

Safwa sees a man walking towards them, Safwa runs to him, hugging him, crying.

Jalil forms a small smile on his lips. "Fayyad? You are back..."

"I just arrived, I was in the airport talking to Safwa when I heard that Aabi had an accident... where is she? Where is Dalaj?" Fayyad ask, his face full with worried.

"They are operating on her now...,"

"This is all because of Dalaj's maniac wife. Brother, I can't tell you how much she hurts Aabirah, and Dalaj does nothing about it... she even burned her face,"

"Burned her face? I didn't know about this... why didn't anyone tell me?" Fayyad ask.

"You know Aabi, she doesn't want you to know," Safwa replies.

"Is that Dalaj?" Fayyad asks, pointing at Dalaj still standing in front of the ICU.

Safwa nods, moving away from Fayyad.

Fayyad walks to Dalaj.

"If something happened to my sister, I will die," Safwa says, hugging Jalil.
Jalil stroke her back.

"How did this happen?" Fayyad asks Dalaj, reaching to him.

Dalaj wipes his tears, facing Fayyad. "Fayyad...,"

"I can't wrap my head around that your wife is responsible for my sister's condition and she even burned her face once,"

"Fayyad...,"

"You promise to look out for my sister, I never expect you to break your promise...".

A nurse walks out of the ICU.

They all walk to her. "How is she?" Fayyad ask.

"Is she alive?" Safwa ask.

"She needs blood urgently...," the nurse says.

"I am her brother," Fayyad says.

"I am her sister," Safwa says.

"Follow me please," the nurse says.

Fayyad and Safwa follow the nurse.

Dalaj leans on the wall, tears flowing down his eyes.

Jalil stands beside him.

"I can't believe Yasira could this, I mean poisoning me is enough,"

Safwa walks to them. "What? Yasira poisoned you?"

"When did this happen? Why are you here Safwa?" Jalil ask.

"I need my phone," Safwa says.

Jalil removes her phone from his pocket and hands it to her.

Safwa takes her phone. "Dalaj... you know I respect you, right? I used to see you with Yasira in school and how you used to discourage her from smoking, and you helped other people too. But I am sorry to say this, Yasira will never change her ways, a leopard can't ever change its spot,"

Safwa walks away.

Another Update after a long time, Thank you for reading my story, it means so much to me.... 😭😭💋💋💋 almost 800 reads, please read, vote, and comments, don't be a silent reader.

May Allah SWT bless us all - accept our duas, forgive our sins, multiply our hasanat, grant us good health & happiness & ultimately Jannah.

Will Dalaj take any action on Yasira?

See You Next Update