chapter seventeen

Aabirah wears her nightclothes and sits on the bed

Aabirah wears her nightclothes and sits on the bed. Dalaj walks in and sits next to her. "Thank you,"

"For what? What are you thanking me for?" Aabirah ask.

"Forgiving Yasira and not reporting her for what she did,"

"Do you want me to report her? I guess you don't want me to. Dalaj, why don't you support me when it comes to Yasira, like what she said about me today to Aqila, you couldn't say anything to her, it has been four days since I left the hospital because your wife burned my face leaving scars on my face, you didn't reprimand her or ask her to ask me to forgive her, even though, I do forgive her, after all she is also your wife…," Aabirah says, lying on the bed closing her eyes.

Dalaj stands and walk to the other side and lies down.

Aabirah opens her eyes, tears flowing down her cheeks.

***

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

Aabirah walks out of the kitchen when she hears a knock from the door.

She walks and opens the door. She looks shocked.

"Aabi!" Aalim says. "I am sorry, I think I have made a mistake, I am here to see Dalaj, maybe he lives upstairs,"

"Aalim…," Yasira says, walking to the door.

"Yasira… I guess I haven't made a made," Aalim says.

"Can you move aside for him to come in… go and call Dalaj and tell him Aalim is here," Yasira says.

Aabirah nods and walks away.

"What is Aabi doing here?" Aalim ask.

"Her… hmm… she is Dalaj's second wife,"

"Wife?" Aalim asks shock.

"Do you know her?" Yasira ask.

"She was my fiancee," Aalim says.

"Interesting… fiancee, have a sit Aalim, Dalaj will be here,"

Aabirah walks inside her room, Dalaj is buttoning his shirt in front of the mirror.

"Aalim is here to see you," Aabirah says.

"Okay,"

Aabirah turns around.

"Wait," Dalaj says, walking to her.

"Why don't you smile?" Dalaj asks, standing in front of her.

Aabirah smile.

"A real genuine smile. Someone will think I am not treating you fairly," Dalaj says.

"Don't you worry Dalaj if that's what you don't want. I am not going to let that cross anyone's mind," Aabirah says, and walks away.

Dalaj sigh, closing his eyes.

Aabriah walks inside the living room. "He will be here soon,"

"Nice seeing you after three years," Aalim says to Aabirah.

Aabirah walks to the kitchen without saying a word.

Dalaj walks to the living room.

"Look who is here, my love," Yasira says.

Dalaj walks to Aalim shaking his hand, as he sits on the sofa next to Yasira.

Aabirah walks out of the living room with water and samosa on a plate and keeps it on the table.

"You still remember what I like," Aalim says.

"That's what we have," Aabirah says, standing aside

"What do you mean?" Dalaj ask.

"Can you believe it, Aabirah was once engaged to Aalim and he break the engagement marrying someone else," Yasira says, smiling.

Aabirah holds her tears, about to walk away.

"You were once engaged?" Dalaj asks, looking at Aabirah.
"He married her best friend," Yasira says.

"Which I regret deeply because Hamda wasn't the person I thought she was, she sees other men behind my back. Alhamdulilah, we are finally divorce," Aalim says.

"Dalaj, don't ever let go of Aabirah, because Aabirah was my childhood friend, I know her so well, I was blinded by the Hamda's money, not knowing she had the money through prostitution," Aalim added.

Aabirah walks away, Dalaj follows.

Yasira smile looking at Aalim. "You regret breaking your engagement with Aabirah, don't you? I have a solution,"

Aabriah sits on her bed.

Dalaj walks in. "Why didn't you tell me that you were engaged in the past?"

"I have no reason to tell you, and you didn't ask me that,"

"Do you think there is no reason for me to know you were engaged?"

Aabirah stands up facing him. "I was engaged Dalaj, to Aalim Mizan, he broke the engagement getting married to my best friend. Dalaj since we came back from the hospital you have been distant from me… I guess our honeymoon phase is over,"

Please don't forget to vote and Comments