chapter 13

Dalaj is lying on the bed, wearing his nightclothes, Aabirah sits on the bed next to him wearing a long sleeve shirt and short, pajamas

"Are you still worried about Yasira?"

"She withdrew herself from everyone, and out the world,"

"She is angry with me, yesterday after you left for work, I took food to her and she throws it away,"

Dalaj holds Aabirah's hand. "I am sorry,"

"Is nothing. Just be with her and give her the support she needs, I won't be able to do it this time, she doesn't even want to see my face,"

Dalaj nods.

Aabirah lays her head on his chest, he hugs hers.

***

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴅᴀʏ

Dalaj is about to leave the house. Aabirah stops him. "I haven't told you..."

Dalaj stops. "What?"

"I am going to start going today to the Islamic school," 

Dalaj smile, pecking her cheeks and hug her. "I am very happy and proud, if I have time I will come to pick you,"

Aabirah nods, she sees Yasira standing looking at them, she disengages the hug. "Now, go to work,"

Dalaj smile and open the door walking out.

Aabriah walks to Yasira. "Good morning,"

"Now you think you own the house, don't you?  I am the first woman he saw, love, married, and gave him children, don't think you can be my match or above me, and take everything,"

Aabirah smile. "Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up, and you know there is something... Well, a bit of advice, why don't you be so busy improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others,"

Aabirah walks away.

"Helping you, you are just a maid in this house that's why he married you, maid!"

***

Aabirah walks inside a classroom wearing a white long dress, a pink hijab, and a white niqab. with a woman wearing all black, a hijab, and a dress. The class has twenty students (children).

"Assalamu Alaykum,"

"Wa'alaykum Salaam," The children reply.

"Who are you with, Mrs principal?" A girl asks, sitting in the front.

"Meet your new teacher Aabirah,"

Aabirah removes her niqab putting it in her bag. "Assalamu Alaykum, Class,"

"Wa'alaykum Salam teacher Aabirah," the children reply to her greeting.

"I will be leaving so you can all introduce yourself to your new teacher," The principal says, walking out of the classroom.