Chapter Ten

"Aabirah, I hope you understand, I am grateful for everything, but I want you to please don't ever come back to this house,"

"What do you mean?" Aabriah ask.

"I cannot imagine myself in a polygamy marriage, sharing my husband with another woman, sharing his love, his smiles, his happiness and sadness, his humor and jokes, his care and support, his touches and closeness… you understand, don't you? To me it is unacceptable, I won't accept it,"

Aabirah sitting on the bed, staring into space.  Dalaj walks inside the room. "Aabi… Aabi... Aabi!"

Aabirah's eyes widen, as she shakes her head. "Yes,".

"What are you thinking about?" Dalaj asks, sitting on the bed, holding her hands.

"You remember when we made a promise not to hide anything from each other?"

Dalaj nods.

"I can't tell you this time.". Aabirah looks down.

"Yasira...,"

Aabirah looks at him.

"You have not been yourself since you walked out of her room in the morning. Tell me what happened?"

"I think it is time to tell Yasira that we are married. We can no longer hide the truth,".

Dalaj nods in understanding. "Tonight, I will tell her if that is what you want.".

Aabirah has tears in her eyes as she hugs him tightly.

***

Aabirah is sitting on a prayer mat, with the holy Qur'an in her hand.

Suratul Baqarah, Ayah 186

وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ ۖ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ ۖ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

ᴡᴀɪᴛʜᴀ sᴀᴀʟᴀᴋᴀ ᴀᴀɪʙᴀᴅᴇᴇ ᴀᴀᴀɴɴᴇᴇ ғᴀɪɴɴᴇᴇ ǫᴀʀᴇᴇʙᴜɴ ᴏᴊᴇᴇʙᴜ ᴅᴀᴀᴀᴡᴀᴛᴀ ᴀʟᴅᴅᴀᴀᴀɪ ɪᴛʜᴀ ᴅᴀᴀᴀᴀɴɪ ғᴀʟʏᴀsᴛᴀᴊᴇᴇʙᴏᴏ ʟᴇᴇ ᴡᴀʟʏᴜᴍɪɴᴏᴏ ʙᴇᴇ ʟᴀᴀᴀᴀʟʟᴀʜᴜᴍ ʏᴀʀsʜᴜᴅᴏᴏɴᴀ

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑴𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑴𝒆, 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 (𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎): 𝑰 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒖𝒑𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒏 𝑴𝒆: 𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐, 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍, 𝑳𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝑴𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝑴𝒆: 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒚..

Aabirah can hear Yasira shouting, that’s why you changed both the rooms, that is your room...

She continues to recite the Qur’an.

Dalaj walks inside the room, Aabirah rubs her face after raising her hands. She keeps the Qur'an on the bedside table.

"What happened?" She walks toward him.

"She wouldn't listen," Dalaj sit on the bed.

Aabirah sigh, standing in front of him. "She won't listen after what she said in the morning. Let’s wait, when she calms down tomorrow,".

Dalaj lies his head on her stomach as he hugs her. "I am glad I am staying with you tonight. Or else I will be in the living room, spending my night on a sofa."

***

ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴅᴀʏ 

A

abriah and Safwa are in Safwa's living room. "I have no idea what to do," Aabriah says.

Safwa replies. "Dalaj should be able to keep her under control. Is it your fault that you married her husband?".

Aabirah sigh. "Dalaj plans to talk to her today as well.".

"I could hear her shouting yesterday, You are aware of how she is. So, tell me how are you and Dalaj?".

"Everything is wonderful. I will never regret marrying him, even though Yasira is giving me a hard time.".

"Ahn! I am happy for you, I know you and Dalaj are going to be a thing, you are now one. Dalaj and Aabirah, I should make a pet name for you guys," says Safwa with a teasing smile on her face.

Aabirah asks. “Where is Hala?”

"Aqila followed them as she went out with her father. Aqila is not the same as her mother."

Aabirah frowns a little.

"What? Is it possible to voice my thoughts?".

***

Aabirah is sitting on the bed watching mufti menk tafsir on her phone. Dalaj walks inside the room.

Aabirah keeps her phone away. "What happened with Yasira?".

Dalaj sits on the bed. "I don't know what she's thinking, she didn't say anything this time.".

Aabirah nods.

"Everything will be fine," Dalaj says.

“You should leave now,” Aabirah says.

Dalaj nods, standing up. He walks out of the room.

"Aabirah, you will be alone tonight, I know you will miss him, but you can do it. You have to be alone tonight and tomorrow night. Stand up and do your wudu, then lie down on the bed. Do your Duas and sleep. I hope everything goes well with Yasira.".