═══|Chapter 13|═══

The final day of the training camp had finally arrived, much to Hinata's disappointment since he loved going on training camps, he did often feel bad because he also loved going home and being welcomed by his sister and mother.

The team did their usual morning routine and began their training.

The team had just finished warming up and were taking a quick break after going on a run around the area going through a few up hills and downhills. Hinata peacefully drank his water as he looked off at the distance, letting the cool breeze hit his sweaty body.

"Oy, boke come on!" He heard Kageyama yell from the inside of the gym. A big grin formed on Hinata's face as he ran into the gym, placing his towel and handing his water bottle to Yachi.

"Alight, we will proceed with a match. Reds gather here," Ukai pointed to his left, "and white gather here."

Ukai walked around to each player, assigning each member on either team. Tanaka, Hinata, Kageyama, Tsukishima, Kinoshita and Daichi were on the red team. Sugawara, Asahi, Nishinoya, Yamaguchi, Ennoshita and Narita on the white team.

"Heads will be white and tails will be red." Ukai said as he flipped the coin. The coin landed on the ground, spinning for a second before finally falling on its side, showing heads.

"We'll serve first." Ennoshita smiled.

Daichi smiled confidently, "guess we'll receive then." He said and the two walked away as they stood ready to receive Yamaguchi's jump float serve which had improved by so much. Once the ball was up, Daichi was quick to do an overhand receive. The ball went up and directly to Kageyama. Hinata and Tanaka charged towards the net as Asahi, Ennoshita and Narita stood on edge.

Tanaka and Hinata switched sides and both jumped as Kageyama sent the toss. "Right!" Tanaka yelled as he took off.

"Bring it to me!!" Hinata yelled as he too jumped.

Asahi, Ennoshita and Narita jumped attempting to stop Tanaka, however the toss did not go up to him. Daichi jumped, just before the backline and hit the ball with all his might. The ball soared over the net and onto the other teams side.

Nishinoya quickly dove for the ball, rolling to his side. The ball floated to Sugawara as he positioned himself to set the ball. Everyone but Nishinoya started towards the net all at once, running at a second tempo pace. Ennoshita and Yamaguchi were the first ones to jump.

The ball soared over to Asahi on the otherside of the court where Sugawara was. Tanaka jumped at the same time as Asahi had jumped. Asahi took full swing for a cross when Hinata and Kageyama suddenly jumped simultaneously as the ball hit their hands, just bypassing them.

"One touch!!" The weird duo yelled in unison.

"Nice one touch!" Kinoshita said as he received the ball, passing it to Kageyama. Hinata rushed to the otherside, ready to go for a broad hit. Tanaka had secured his running distance as well as the others on their team.

Ennoshita and Narita jumped, their eyes level with Hinata who had expected the pass. However, Kageyama flawlessly pulled off a setter-dump. Nishinoya came close to saving the ball, however he was a second too late and the ball dropped in front of him. Bewildered Kageyama's team stood in place, a little shocked that he didn't pass to Hinata.

"Damn, no matter how many times we go up against those two that trick always gets to us." Asahi chuckled.

"I swear I'll get it!" Nishinoya yelled, clearly determined to receive the next setter dump from the first year genius.

~

Tsukishima moved to the front joining Hinata and Tanaka. The tall blonde put his hands behind his head just in case the ball would hit him, at least he would get some protection unlike Hinata who had been hit in the head several times since he was a kid. Tsukishima was slightly surprised that the ginger head hasn't gotten brain damaged, yet.

Well you can't get brain damage if you don't have a brain which makes sense. He thought with a smirk.

Kinoshita served the ball, the ball floated to the otherside with Nishinoya attempting to make an overhand receive just like Daichi, but the ball stretched and slipped past his fingers. The spike haired secobd uear cursed under his breath and started doing his finger-tip push ups.

When he had finished he jumped to his feet and prepared himself for Kinoshita's next serve. "Bring it!!" He yelled and the blonde could only smile as he served once again. However, the ball was much easier to receive than before much to Kinoshita's disappointment.

Sugawara tossed the ball to Narita. The semi-bald teen spiked the ball when Hinata appeared out of nowhere, surprising him. He hit the ball and the ball made contact with Hinata's making it fly. "One touch!" Hinata yelled.

Kinoshita ran back, digging the ball up as he slid on the floor. Daichi ran to the ball, sending it back.

"Tanaka get the last one!" He yelled as the ball floated over to the wing spiker. Tanaka jumped, not having enough time to do a running approach. "Three blockers!!" Daichi yelled.

Sugawara, Yamaguchi and Narita closed in on his straight shot. Tanaka swung his arm, his hand made contact with the ball as he aimed for Narita's fingertips. The ball flew too far for either Nishinoya, Asahi or Ennoshita to reach.

The team cheered as they huddled, discussing their next move.

Just before Kinoshita was going to serve Tsukishima approached Hinata. "Hey, shrimpy," Tsukishima said making Hinata turn around and look up at him, "when you're going in for the block try tensing your hands, that way your hand doesn't get blown away so easily. It'll improve it if you can also tense up your arms too."

"Ah... so that's what I was doing wrong! Thanks Tsukishima! I'll try!!" Hinata grinned as he stood in his designated position. Tsukishima did the same and waited for Kinoshita to serve.

"Out!" Asahi called as he turned and watched the ball fly over the line. Kinoshita groaned and apologized.

"Don't mind!" Daichi clapped his hands.

Asahi bounced the ball, he took a deep breath and tossed it up. He ran and hit the ball.

"Got it!" Daichi yelled as he dived forward. "Sorry it's long!"

"Tsukishima hit it!" Tanaka yelled. The blonde jumped a hit it however, Sugawara received it, knowing he wouldn't be able to compete with Tsukishima's height he had decided to go for a receive. Nishinoya ran and jumped before the line, tossing the ball up to Ennoshita.

Tsukishima landed and quickly moved to the right, joining Tanaka and Hinata. Ennoshita hit the ball and Hinata tensed up his fingers and arms as the ball hit his hands. The ball reflected down towards the ground just behind Ennoshita. Nishinoya got the ball back up with Sugawara tossing to Asahi.

Asahi jumped from the back line and once again Tsukishima, Hinata and Tanaka set up a three-person block. The ball hit Tanakas and ricocheted to Hinata's. The bounced off the small teens hands and onto the white teams side of the court.

Hinata looked at his slightly red hand where the ball had hit it twice. A grin crept up on his face and he charged towards the blonde, jumping onto his back. "Tsukishima I did it!!!!" He yelled happily.

Tsukishima looked up at the ginger head seeing the happy expression plastered on his face. The team watched, Nishinoya and Tanaka expecting Tsukishima to scold Hinata. Once Hinata got off of the blonde, Tsukishima just stared down at him.

A small smile formed on his face and he ruffled Hinata's orange hair. "Good job, shrimp." He said and went back to continue with the game.

The others, except for Hinata who just giggled and skipped to the back, stared blankly. "O-Oy... Ryu, did I see that right?" Nishinoya whispered to his best friend.

"Y-Yeah..." Tanaka answered, too surprised to say anything else.

"Our Tsukishima is changing." Sugawara proudly stated, wiping away a tear.

"Why are you making it seem like he's your child?" Ennoshita asked, glancing at the silver haired setter with an eyebrow raised.

"Shush, let me be proud of him." Sugawara said as he went back to his position.

Yamaguchi turned around, looking at Tsukishima from the corner of his eye with a smile on his face. Told you he isn't so bad. He thought and chuckled as he went to the back.