══|Chapter 17|══

The week passed by fairly quickly and Friday swung by in the blink of an eye and even Friday passed by quickly and now Hinata, Tsukishima, Yachi and Yamaguchi were well on their way to the club room. Yachi parted ways to meet up with Kiyoko and left the three to get changed.

Once they finished changing the trio headed to the gym to find their upperclassmen as well as the forgotten trio already setting up the gym and practicing their serves. The trio greeted them and entered the gym, joining in once they had stretched.

A few minutes later Ukai and Takeda arrived as well as the other members.

"Alright, gather!" Daichi ordered and everyone ran towards their coach and supervisor.

"We will proceed to practice your receives and then get you to go running to properly get your engines started before a game against Aoba Johsai." Ukai briefly explained.

"The Great King!" Hinata exclaimed as he threw his arms up, rejoicing.

"Shut up, boke!" Kageyama growled as he attempted to hit Hinata, however the orange head dodged all his attacks and proceeded to rejoice that he'd get to go up against the Great King as well as see him again. The small middle blocker recalled the time Oikawa had treated him to breakfast. I'll thank him when he gets here. Hinata thought as he joined the others in line to practice their receives.

After practicing their receives they ran up Heartbreak Hill and when they had returned they found Aoba Johsai's bus parked in front of the gym and Takeda talking to the schools coach.

"Yahoo~ chibi-chan~" A bubbly tone spoke and Hinata's ears perked. The middle blocker turned his head and his eyes immediately lit up to see the setter.

"Great King!" Hinata grinned and ran up to the brunet. The two engaged in a conversation and this definitely did not slip by Karasuno. The team eyed the brunet who chuckled at something Hinata had said. The team sent glares towards the pretty setter, a dark aura surrounding them sending a message of 'don't touch our precious baby crow'. However, the two were completely oblivious to this and proceeded to talk to each other.

After a bit, the teams got ready and the practice match had begun.

The matched started with Karasunos serve. Kageyama was the first to serve, as usual, he did his jump serve which was easily received by Watari. The raven head clicked his tongue at his poor aim. Oikawa quickly got into his setter position and set the ball to Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi jumped with Tsukishima and Tanaka jumping at the same time as him.

Iwaizumi went for a cross when suddenly Hinata showed up out of nowhere. The ball hit Hinata's hands sending it back to Aoba Johsai's side of the court. Hanamaki quickly dove for the ball with Kindaichi following. Oikawa quickly sent the ball over to Kageyama who was forced to receive it.

Nishinoya quickly took action, setting the ball up for their ace. Asahi swung, hitting the ball full force, blowing the blockers away and the ball soared out of the court and out of Watari's reach. Karasuno cheered and grouped while Aoba Johsai and Oikawa's words of encouragement grouped together.

~

The game was going smoothly, the teams scored on and on. With Karasuno taking the first set and Aoba Josai taking the second. It was tough but both teams were enjoying the game to the fullest.

Oikawa quickly set the ball towards the right. Kyoutani came in from the right, he ran parallel to the net, he jumped and arched his back. Kyoutani swung his arm full force however Nishinoya was standing, facing Kyoutani. The ball soared over to Karasuno's Guardian Deity who just managed to get the ball up nicely towards Kageyama.