| 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 |

Hinata stared at his phone, his face wrinkled as he tried to stop the tears. It hurt. It hurt a lot. He didn't really need to leave, but he couldn't hold the pain he had been holding in when he almost told Tsukishima how he felt. He didn't regret it, however, it hurt. The heartache was killing him.

Despite the fact that the heartache was indeed killing him, no coughing nor petals came to him. He wasn't suffocating or coughing out blood, it was just the heartache. Hinata clenched his aching chest and looked down at his phone, he looked at Tsukishima's profile in his contact and smiled sadly.

It's ok... it's fine this way... Hinata thought and put his phone away as he proceeded his way to his home. Suddenly blinding lights came to his way and the sound of sirens came to be.

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝑫𝒂𝒚~

Morning came by and the team had gathered at the gym. They were all changed in their clothes. They finished up their stretches after setting up their equipment. Whilst waiting for their coach and supervisor, they practiced their serves with Nishinoya attempting to receive them.

Tsukishima kept eyeing the gym doors. He had noticed that a certain ginger head wasn't running about in the gym, admiring Nishinoya's "Rolling Thunder", calling Tanaka with "senpai", bickering with Kageyama and annoying Tsukishima. Of course the others noticed that Hinata wasn't there but they all just assumed that he was sick.

Tsukishima sighed for the millionth time as he made his way to the stage. He sat on the stage and drank his water as he wiped his sweat off. I... wonder where he is... he thought as he found himself daydreaming.

"Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked, bringing the taller male back to reality. Tsukishima only responded with a hum as he eyed the green head from the corner of his eye. "You ok? You've been... really out of it since this morning." Yamaguchi asked, taking a seat beside his childhood friend.

"Yeah... I guess...?" Tsukishima let out, his eyes focusing towards the gym doors.

Yamaguchi followed where Tsukishima was looking at and he understood. A smile surfaced on his, adorable, freckled face. "Tsukki are you... perhaps... I dunno... waiting for Hinata?" Yamaguchi asked.

"I swear to god if you say I like him I'm gonna lose it..." Tsukishima mumbled.

"Well I mean... from the way you've been acting around him... can't say I disagree with what you think and albeit its 'I don't like him'." Yamaguchi stated and the blond merely grumbled.

"Its true, I don't like him!" Tsukishima shot back.

"Right, keep denying it and it might just hurt you..." Yamaguchi said, his eyes landing on the ground. Tsukishima looked at his childhood friend with his eyebrow raised. He opened his mouth to say something when the gym doors were slammed open by their supervisor, Ittetsu Takeda.

Heavy breaths escaped his lips, his face paler than the colour of paper. Fear and terror written all over his face. The team were quick to react. Sugawara was the first to approach the adult with a look of concern for him. Before Sugawara could ask what was troubling the adult, Takeda had uttered the dreadful news to the team.

"Hinata's in hospital. He was hit in the process of a police chase. "

Those words echoed over and over in Tsukishima's mind. A jolt of fear ran through every bit of his body and questions were invading his mind by the second. He held his breath. Fear had completely overtaken him. The discussion he had with the smaller played in his mind.

You said... you said you wouldn't leave... he thought.

Yamaguchi had noticed the changed of atmosphere. He looked at Tsukishima and noticed the blonde was staring down at the ground wide-eyed and in fear. He opened his mouth to say something as he placed his hand on his shoulder.