═|Chapter 18|═

The weekend had passed by quietly like any normal day for anyone. When school came by once again it was the same old, same old. That is until Thursday morning rolled in. Tsukishima was up and making his way to morning practice with Yamaguchi. When the duo arrived at the gym they expected to find a certain energetic ball of sunshine come greet them, however, all they found was Kageyama practicing his serves with Tanaka and Nishinoya attempting to receive them.

"Morning!" Yamaguchi smiled as he entered the gym with Tsukishima following him muttering a quiet 'morning'. "Where's Hinata?" Yamaguchi asked Kageyama who seemed to be the most likely person to know where the athletic crow would be.

"Don't know, he hasn't answered my texts either," Kageyama casually answered as he grabbed a towel to wipe off his sweat, "I thought you'd know since you've been hanging out with him quiet a lot lately."

Yamaguchi placed his hand under his chin when a sudden flashback occurred. "Oh~ I guess today's the day..." he muttered but it was enough for both Kageyama and Tsukishima to hear. The two taller males raised an eyebrow at Yamaguchi's statement, a single thought running through their mind: 'what's that supposed to mean?'

Training proceeded as usual but seemed a little bit quieter than usual, all because of their missing ball of sunshine. Tsukishima couldn't help but feel a little bit lonely. Normally, the carrot top would annoy him and talk to him but today, there wasn't anyone to annoy him. However, what Yamaguchi said had stuck to his mind like glue.

The team were in the middle of a break when Yachi approached Yamaguchi who was practicing his jump float serves.

"Hey Yamaguchi, can I talk to you, outside?" Yachi asked. The green haired male nodded and stepped out with his water bottle and towel. The two sat just outside the gym a few meters away from the doors to the gym.

"Do you know where Hinata is?" Yachi asked after a short moment of silence.

Yamaguchi nodded, "he told me not to tell anyone but I'm surprised he didn't tell you or Sugawara-san," Yamaguchi stated, "he's at the hospital, he said he's arranging an appointment to get surgery."

A wide smile formed on Yamaguchi's freckled face, on the otherhand terror surfaced on Yachi's eyes. "W-What do you mean... surgery?" She asked.

Yamaguchi raised an eyebrow, "he's getting surgery to get rid of the Hanahaki disease," he answered, "is there something wrong, Yachi?"

Tsukishima walked out of the gym to refill his water bottle as well as to find Yachi and Yamaguchi because Ukai was calling the team. He turned a corner towards the water fountains and heard distant voices. He quickly filled up his water bottle and walked towards the voices, realizing it was Yachi and Yamaguchi.

Just when Tsukishima was about to call them, he heard something that piqued his interest. "What do you mean he's booking an appointment for surgery!?" Yachi exclaimed.

What are they talking about? Tsukishima asked himself.

"He said he's getting surgery for the disease, he told me it's going to be alright-" Yamaguchi was cut off.

"Yamaguchi, are you aware of the side effects of getting the surgery for the disease?" Yachi cut in, placing her hands on Yamaguchi's shoulders, a stern expression on her face as she looked at the taller male dead in the eyes.

"N-No...? I didn't even know there were side effects to the surgery... is it bad?" Yamaguchi asked.

Yachi gulped, "now I see why Hinata didn't tell us and asked you not to tell anyone... he knew that if Sugawara-senpai and I were told... we would've tried to stop him but then again we would've supported his decision." Yachi mumbled.