══|Chapter 16|══

Hinata woke up the following morning, he rubbed his very tired eyes and scanned his surroundings. About a minute or two later, it had hit him that he was definitely not in his room. He panicked for a second when he remembered the last thing he could remember and that was studying with Tsukishima.

Did I fall asleep while studying? He asked himself.

"About time you're awake," the familiar neutral tone rang in Hinata's ears, "hurry up and get changed and breakfast is ready. Your mom dropped your clothes off just now, here." The taller male placed Hinata's clothes on his bed before heading towards the door to eat.

"Eh? Wait what?" Hinata asked, clearly still very confused.

Tsukishima stopped and sighed, "you'll be staying here until tomorrow so you can study for your test. I got permission last night when your mom called," he explained, "now hurry up or we're gonna be late."

"I kind of get it but ok!" Hinata said as he took the bag from Tsukishima and rushed out of the room, "uh..."

"Down the hallway, second door to your right." Tsukishima bluntly stated, basically reading Hinata's 'where's the bathroom' expression.

"Thanks!" Hinata grinned and rushed to the designated room. Once Hinata finished his daily morning routine, Tsukishima, Akiteru and Hinata ate breakfast with the two first years rushing. Well more like Hinata was rushing, Tsukishima merely ate a single piece of toast while Hinata had a feast.

When they finished they brushed their teeth and made their way to school. On the way the two ran into the rest of the first years. Hinata greeted them with his usual big grin that could literally blind anyone.

"This is unusual, we don't usually see you guys together." Yachi pointed out with both her and Yamaguchi mentally celebrating that their plan had worked, despite the fact that they hadn't even come up with it together, it just kind of happened.

"Tsukishima's helping me study and my mom let me sleepover at his place until the test." Hinata briefly explained.

The three looked at the tall blonde behind Hinata. "Pretty much sums it up." Tsukishima said.

Hinata and Tsukishima walked in front of the trio, side by side, having a casual conversation which was very new to the rest of the first years. Yamaguchi and Yachi fist bumped at their successful on-the-wim plan, Kageyama on the other hand was just enjoying his second breakfast while looking at the two with a weird expression.

𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝑺𝒌𝒊𝒑 (𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱𝘴✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧)

Tuesday and Wednesday passed by fairly quickly. Hinata had all his things packed up ready to go. Tsukishima too had finished his morning routine and the two had just finished eating their breakfast. After brushing their teeth the two headed out.

Hinata looked down at the ground, his grip on his bag strap tightened. He had the test first period and he was nervous, not because he was worried about failing; well sort of, he was worried that if he would fail he'd have failed Tsukishima and wasted all his effort.

Tsukishima noticed the unusually quietness from the carrot top.

"Oi shrimpy, you alright?" Tsukishima asked, putting a hand on the smaller males shoulder. Hinsta flinched at the sudden touch and looked up at the beanpole.

"Uh... y-yeah!" Hinata forced a grin and continued to look down at the ground, wallowing in his worries.

"Obviously not, come on spill it." Tsukishima stated, his expression as neutral as ever.

"N-No, it's ok!" Hinata said, trying his best to assure the taller male that he was indeed "ok". However, Tsukishima just wasn't having it and continued to stare at the shorter male that clearly said 'tell me. Now.' Hinata chuckled nervously and looked down. "I'm just worried t-that's all." Hinata partially admitted.

"About?"

"A-About failing the test... and wasting all your effort on helping me study..." Hinata said, his voice being close to a whisper.

"Don't let that bother you, shrimpy. Seriously I don't mind, besides if you fail that just means you have try harder... or something like that," Tsukishima shrugged as he ruffled Hinata's orange hair as he slightly quickened his pace, "now hurry up, the bell's going to go soon."

"Ah! Hey! Slow down!" Hinata exclaimed and ran up to the blonde and matched his walking pace. The pure smile plastered on his face was admired by Tsukishima as his lips curved into a small smile.

The duo entered their classroom just after homeroom. All the students sat down in their seats silently as the teacher explained what's on the test before handing out the papers. Hinata gulped and began when the teacher has given them to finally start.

The time quickly passed and soon the test time limit had been reached. The teacher asked for the papers to be handed forwards as everyone heaved a tired sigh. Its tiring, especially having a test first period. Hinata let out a sigh and rested his head on his desk.

When the teacher had gathered all the test papers the bell had rung and all the students were immediately dismissed. Tsukishima stood up, gathering his things and putting them away, he grabbed his books and walked up to the orange head who was still resting his head on his desk.

Tsukishima gently hit Hinata on the head with his book and smiled. Hinata looked up to meet his smile. "Good work, shrimpy." Tsukishima stated before making his way to the door. "Now hurry up, second periods gonna start soon."

"Right!" Hinata grinned as he quickly grabbed his books and rushed after the blonde. Yamaguchi watched as the two walked side by side to their next class. A grin formed on his face as he pulled out his phone and took a photo, showing Yachi.

Their plan had definitely been a success, even if it was made up from the top of their head.