The Beginning

Note: The story is a mixture of past and present scenarios. All italicized paragraphs are memories or flashbacks.

3 years after Lisa left.

Camera flushes are all over the place as soon as the famous Jennie Ruby Jane Kim set foot on the airport. But the feline eye seem not to bother anymore from the flashes. She casually smiled on it like its the normal thing to do. She is used to it. For 5 years cameras are following her, paparazzis are invading her personal life. But never she complained. She knows it's part of her dream. Jennie saw it coming, because this is her dream. To be a famous artist in Korea.  And now that she's getting it, she's well known not just in Korea but in other countries and named as the YGE Princess, what more can she ask for?

"Welcome back Jennie." The Manager said as soon as Jennie sat on the back seat of a black Mercedes Benz that is waiting for her arrival. The feline eye look at her manager before breathing deeply and smiled. A sincere one. It's been ages since she smiled like this. She lost track when was the last time she smiled. A true smile.

"Unnie." Jennie was welcomed with a warm hug by Jisoo, her Manager, her bestfriend, her sister by heart. She rest her head under the heart-shape-lips chin, getting comfortable from the warmth that is radiating from the redhead. "I missed you. I wish you're with me back there."

"Aigoo Jendueki. You know I can't." Jisoo replied, caressing the latter's head resting under her chin. Jennie has always been her little sister, she knows everything about her. She watched her grow from the shy trainee that she is back in YGE to a sophisticated and beautiful young woman that she is now. She was there when Jennie was chasing her dreams, and she was there when her world crashes down when that certain person left her, and slowly, she also watched her change from the bubbly person, to a very gloomy and less spoken person now. But nevertheless, behind all the cameras and medias and whatever surrounding her, she is still a baby, a soft hearted person that needs to breathe and have her own personal space. Behind those piercing eyes hides unspoken words and emotions.

Jennie nodded her head and hug her manager more. "But it's good that you are back again Jennie. Let's get you back to your apartment so you can rest first. You have all day to rest before you start your schedules tomorrow." Jennie once again nodded her head. She's tired. But never regretted anything. Or maybe, starting to think of it.

She was back from LA. She stayed there for almost 2 months, doing photo shoots, endorsements, projects, and many more projects. She can't remember the last time she had a day off. All she do is work, work, and work. It's the best way she can do to stop herself from the pain, from the memories that Lisa left. But still, at the end of the day, it didn't work, nothings works, at least for some time her mind is drifted off to her work, but when she is alone, all that she can think of is her. Her Lili.

Jennie sighed, for the nth time now and this being noticed by her bestfriend. Jisoo once again rub soothing comforts to the brunettes arm, sending another relaxation from the latter.

"Unnie, can we go first to the agency?" Jennie asked while tracing circles to Jisoo's porcelain skin that she always admired. The heart-shape girl throw a questioning look at her little sister.  "I just wanted to visit." Jisoo never question her again and just instructed the driver to drive to the said building.

Jennie stood outside the building, looking up to the place she once called home. Home, because this is where it all began. She walk inside the building and breathe in the familiar scent of the building. She familiarize herself to the sculptures and designs that changes over time. She saw how the building change from the simple building to the extra glamorous one. The people inside the building started to greet her as soon as she entered and she smiled as a greeting too.