I'm Yours and You're Mine

She loves me.

Probably the happiest day of Jennie's life. It took a while before she realize everything. But that time, she is so damn sure. She is in love with their maknae, the dance machine princess, Lalisa Manoban.

~

"You w-what?" heart thumping, palms sweating, pulse pulsating. There's this thick air around them even knife can't cut. Is she hearing things? Probably not. She heard it right.

"You heard me." Lisa answered looking down, about to release the hug but her eyes widen when Jennie wrap her arms around her waist, pulling her close. She didn't intend to let her know, but seeing the pain look on Jennies face breaks her heart into tiny pieces.

If not now, then when?

It has been Lisa's motto since then. It keeps her to push forward, to take the risk. To fight. Back then this motto wasn't on her side. Because she was afraid of everything once this little secret of hers come out. Right now, it's now or never.

"Say it again." Jennie pulled Lisa closer, her hands gripping the back of Lisa's black sweater. Her eyes stared at the doe eyed whose going to jump out of its socket any moment now. She almost laugh at her reaction but this is a serious moment. So maybe later. "Say it again. Say it." Her words full of authority, and seeing the look on Lisa's face she knows she's the one to comply.

"I- like you. A-and I'm in l-love of you." Lisa avoided Jennie's gaze, trying to look at anything but her. Her throat moving up and down, gulping. She never picture herself confessing to anyone, let alone to her first love. She promised she'll keep it to herself. But the sound of Jennie's demanding voice made her do it.

Embarrass, but mostly afraid. There was a time that Lisa thought of something like this. If she ever confess her feelings to her, what could be her reaction? She's afraid that Jennie will avoid her, and everything that she invest in their friendship will put into waste. Jennie is important to her, very very important to her and she can't lose their friendship too. There is no hope with her feelings towards the brunette. It's unacceptable.

"I'm sorry." Lisa continued. She entangle herself to Jennie's arm, walking around the room before sitting on her bed, back facing Jennie. She's afraid to see the look on Jennie's face. "I'm sorry for feeling this way. I didn't mean to, but you are so.. Irresistible. I can't help but fall." She sighed.

The room is filled with deafening silence, it hurts her ears. Jennie's silence made her heart ache in an unexplainable way. But she chose to not look back at her. Again, she is afraid.

"I'm sorry if I am avoiding you, I need to get this off my chest. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable around me. I don't want to jeopardize our dream." Lisa started to sob, and later on she found Jennie sitting on her own bed just in front of her. She kept her head low, still avoiding the cat-like eyes gaze. Her hands resting into her lap just above her knees, curled into tight fist. "You are the most amazing person Jennie, you make me happy, and you make me smile with just seeing you. And your eyes, God those eyes... I'm sorry Jennie, I promise I'll keep it-"

"I love you too, Lisa."

"-just in me. I promise to stay away from you. I promise that- wait. What did you just say?" Despite the tears rolling down her cheeks, and the mascara probably ruined, Lisa manage to look at Jennie, whose showing her famous gummy smile at her. Her favourite gummy smile.

Jennie places her palm on Lisa's cheek. Her heart swell with joy. She too had been keeping her own feelings. Hiding and trying hard not for anyone to notice her admiration toward the Thai girl. She knows not everyone will understand, a girl loving a girl. But she believes love can be given not just for the opposite gender, but also to the same. Everyone deserves it, and it doesn't matter to her whether it's a man or a woman. We love who we want to, we love who our heart wants to. And right now, her heart wants the Thai girl in front of her who captures it the first time they saw each other. She feel stupid not realizing it soon, and now that they feel the same, there's nothing to be afraid of. She'll fight for this even if others won't accept it.