Slipping Away

The number you have dialed is either inattentive or out of coverage area. Please try again later.

Lisa dropped her phone on the table and sigh for God knows how many.

"Miss, would you like to order now?" The waitress approached her for the fifth time now, if her count was right.

"Actually, I'm leaving now. I'm so sorry for the disturbance." Lisa stood up from her seat and left the place. The waitress eyed her, face showing sympathy for her customers whose waiting for several hours now inside their restaurant.

Lisa breathe out the pain living in her chest, in her heart and breathe in the air once out of the place. She tried to hold the tears that are starting to form under her eyes. She have to fight for it. Lisa have done it a thousand times. Convincing herself that it is alright.

"Well, so much for happy on my birthday." Lisa started to walk towards her apartment to calm some nerves. What is she feeling? How much more pain is she going to face and endure. Suddenly her phone vibrated inside her pocket. She excitedly pull out the ringing device out, hoping it is the same person she is waiting for. Screw the pain and loneliness. Her excited smile turned into pained smile. She clicked the green button and placed the device on her left ear.

Chu: Happiest Birthday Lisaya!!

A cheerful Jisoo welcome her. She smiled again, this time a sincere one. At least her friend remembered.

L: Thanks Jisoo-nni.

Chu: Where are you now duckling? Are you having fun?

L: I am.

She replied with a hint of sarcasm.

Chu: Uh oh. Tell me about it.

L: Doesn't matter Chu. Listen, is Jennie with you?

Chu: she's not Lisa. I think she is with Song Kang right now.

Song Kang. Right.

A few months ago, Jennie started acting too. And currently filming her first drama with Song Kang as her leading man. Lisa is on full support to her girlfriend, though the idea of Jennie being held by other man shoots pain and disturbance to her sanity. But she set it aside, she wanted to support her girl. Besides it is just an act. At least that is what she is always telling to herself. But deep inside, she is bothered. Song Kang is a fine and handsome man. They both love the entertainment industry. There are a million possibilities. For the whole world knows that Jennie is single.

Fame, opportunities are automatically knocking outside her doorstep. She published her name that instant and opportunities are stumbling over to get her attention. What did it cost? Her.

Jennie is slipping away, from her.

The consequences of her decision haunts her. Made her to question herself. Did she made the right one?

Once she reach her pad, she decided to check if Jennie is inside her room. Maybe she's just tired and forgot her day. Maybe she's already sleeping. Typing the passcode of Jennie's apartment, she swung the door open. She is welcomed by a dark room. No sign of her girl. Feeling defeated, she retreated to her room, curling herself on her bed, hugging her knees. She picked up her phone and decided to text Jennie.

'Baby I am home. I canceled our dinner, had an emergency on the shop. Please be safe on your way home. I love you.'

Pathetic.

That's what she is right now.

But what can Lisa do?

Nothing.  She loves her so much. So much that she felt like dying.