Chapter 1

Sitting at a cafe, slurping my slurpee, I waited for my informer, Eunjae.
He was supposed to be here 10 mins ago but maybe he got some work to finish off first.

He was going to provide me the information about the 'Park Dynasty', one of the biggest, or the biggest mafia gang right now.

My informer had been giving me every small to big info about them for more than 3 years and still I and my team were not able to find his base. Find Him.

But today he said he'll be giving a really big info about them, the one that can help us reach the gang's base and to the leader.

I was just wondering about him when he messaged me saying.

I'm sorry madam. I won't be able to come today. Things are going not according to my plan. Sorry.

The message got me worried. He never called me madam. No one did. I instructed everyone to call me Sir.
And that is why I knew this was not Eunjae.

I quickly dialled Raina, a member from my team.

"Yes Sir?"

"I want you to track Eunjae's phone and after you get that, go find him. And inform every other informer to stay alert or maybe even go underground. I doubt something happened to him."

"Yes Sir. I'll get it going."she hung up.

I kept my phone down on the table. Look outside the big glass walls.

How the hell did they get to him?

Already 3 informers of mine were killed this year. They were all giving me information about this gang.
I did my best to keep them underground, hid their real identities, but this gang always found them somehow.
If something happened to Eunjae then its 4 informers now.

I sometimes doubted my own department, not my team but the department to be helping the gang, but I had no proof.
I am the Chief, but there were more Seniors than me so I couldn't just start investigation on someone, who I suspected.

I was now thinking of keeping everyone away from this investigation, because first none of my seniors knew about this investigation. This is a secret investigation. Secret because everyone thought trying to find the gang was useless and not getting into gang shit was what everyone wanted. But for me, it was personal. And I needed to do something about this as fast as possible.
I took cases that involved this gang, this way I was doing my investigation but also without much attention driving towards me.

Once everyone is safe and sound, I'll go investigate some of the things myself, but I also need to get my hands on other cases so that my seniors won't know about this one. Once they get to know about this whole gang searching thing, they'll obviously stop everything, and after so many years of me trying to get to them, I can't just let go, not so easily.

"You want to place any more orders ma'am?" Jungkook said.

Jungkook was a waiter at this cafe.
He was working here for now 4-5 months.
I started coming to this cafe for about a year and that is how I know who works here and for how many days.

He was overall a really good guy. Talks politely, is goofy sometimes, respectful, also not to forget he's handsome.

I had nothing in my heart for him. He is, maybe younger than me, and I'm not really into younger guys, just my preference.

"No I'm fine, thank you."

"Okay then. I just saw that you were alone here for a good amount of time, so I just thought I'd ask you."

"Oh no problem. I was just waiting for someone."

"Someone special?"

"Not special, but not just ordinary too."

As I visited this place almost twice or thrice a week so I got to know the staff kinda well, specially Jungkook.
It was first little bit awkward because he approached me first. He would continue to talk to me while I'd just listen.
No one ever showed this kinda interest in me so this was kinda weird but then I let myself to just go with the flow, because I needed a normal life too other than just work so, I and Jungkook are now friends.

"Okay okay, so you're busy then?" He asked.

"Not really." I say shaking my head.

"Okay then. Want to hang out later then?"

"Ah I have got little plans for later, but yeah I can."

"Okay. I'll get to work now."

He bowed to me and went back.

He's a great guy but sometimes I really get anxious about his behaviour.
He really tries to somehow spend sometime with me. We don't have anything more than friendship between us, we both know that. And that is why I feel this way, like every girl who works here are trying to make him her's but he doesn't just give a damn. Sometimes it's feels like he have totally different goals, but then again he never asks me about my work stuff, just normal stuffs.
I also made sure that I never gave him my works details by any chance. And that is why I was confused, a little bit.

After sometime,

"Yeah okay send me the details."

"Yes sir."

I kept my phone inside my bag then saw Jungkook signalling me that he was done. So I went to him.

"I'll leave you home. I have some work that way."

"Okay."I gestured him a thumbs up.

Then both of us made our way to our destination.

[Someone else's POV]

"Everything's going well for now."

"When should we execute the plan?" The other man asked.

"Soon, give some more time as it'll be better then."

"How are you so sure that it will be successful?"

"I know it will. And as she wanted to meet me that much, I will give her the chance, and she'll never forget it. I will never let her forget."

\\\\\\\\\\\\

Thank you for reading this book. And hope you all are healthy and safe.
Love you all. ^_^