Chapter 2

The past month have been hectic.

Tons of work load.

First it was the body of Eunjae near my house, with a note saying 'You are next'.
I took it to be me, as no other informers were killed after that, nor any more officers of mine. But there were murders of some officers, and they all were connected to the gang someway or the other.
Some were from the previous teams that tried to catch the gang, some were working for the gang which got exposed after they were killed.
So alot of things.

The gang's terror was increasing day by day. Even the other gangs' activities were lower than this one's.

I talked about this issue with my seniors but they said that this was all happening because I disturb the peace of the gang, so they decided to just let me take a break and rest at home for somedays.

It's been a week that I am at a rest, but I'm still keeping touch with my team who gives me updates.

Right now I'm on my way to the cafe, it was now raining so I had to run to the cafe.

Jungkook wanted to meet and as I was doing nothing much so I went.

And on my way to the cafe, I stepped into a waterhole. Lucky me.
I don't have my own vehicle, because I didn't wanted to, just I wasn't ready yet.

"Looks like you were in hurry to get here."
Jungkook laughed.

"Obviously, the way you called I thought it was something really special. What is it?"

"Take a seat first. I'll go get something for you, and don't worry I'll pay today."

"Great!"

I took a seat, at a corner. Then I started cleaning myself, as I was wet from the rain, not my hair much as I covered it up with my jacket but my clothes were, so I tried drying them.

Jungkook bought a hot chocolate.

"Drink this. Maybe you won't get cold after drinking."

I took a sip from the warm liquid. It was delicious.

"So..."he started.

"So...umm did you ever had a best friend?"

"Best friend? I had a best friend, but they left me. But now I still have friends, and they are all special to me. Like you. You're my special friend. But why all of sudden talk about all this?" I asked confused about this whole topic being brought out of nowhere.

"No. Just. You'd always be there whenever I called or something like that, so I thought..."

"Thought that I got no friends? Actually no one ever asked me to spend time with them, even my teammates, also I never expected them too anyway. I don't expect anything from anyone. So I'm really by myself most of the time, working. Because I feel that's what keeping me alive. Not every friendship of mine made me feel alive, you know what I'm saying?"

"Yes. I understand you."his head hanging low."I'll be back. I got some work."he said and left me.

A frown formed on my face at the sudden personal talk with Jungkook.
He would always tried to not talk about friends or family or stuff like that. We almost talk about random things apart from personal life. I never got problem sharing little bit of my life but Jungkook would always get uneasy about the topic so I never started it.
And him acting this way today got me thinking.

As I sipped from the glass, a loud sound of something breaking was heard and it came from the kitchen.

Just as I was about to make my way to the kitchen, from the front entrance came 6-7 men, wearing mask on their faces.