Chapter 7

The forest was just tall trees standing, no place where I could hide.
Even if I tried climbing these trees, I'll just end up getting caught, because these were tall, like real tall, and as I never climbed a tree in my life, this would take me hours. So I sticked with running.

I was now so deep into the forest that I could not even guess about which way would lead me to the main road.
When I entered the forest, my aim was to run away, and that is why I'm stuck here now.

This forest didn't even have a path which could lead me to any road. It's just fresh grass everywhere.

It was slowly getting hard to breathe properly as I kept on running. My legs, I didn't feel anything because the only thing I could think of is running away.

The bandages were long forgotten. I don't even know where it could have fallen.

I could no longer take this whole pain in my body so I decided to hide behind a tree which was thicker than most of the other trees.

I sat down on the grassy ground, my butt feeling some kind of relief as soon as it was placed down, followed by the whole body.

I took deep breaths, as to make calm myself down faster.
I placed the guns and my hands down on both of my sides, slightly looking around.
There was no one.

I think I'm far away from them.

Just to break my hope of finally running away, I heard hustling sounds from somewhere.

I kneeled down, looking everywhere I could from behind the tree. I even looked behind me but no one was in sight.

Slowly my kneeled down position change into a crouch then when I fully stood up, I finally saw lights flashing, to be specific, his men. Some had guns while some were bare handed, but they could still give a lot of pain to someone with just one punch. They were nicely built.

I slowly took a step back, while still crouching, holding my guns firmly in my hands. As it was dark enough, they could not see me. They could only hear, so I made sure not to make any sound, loud enough for them to hear. I wasn't wearing any bright clothing so that help in camouflage in this dark forest.

I kept walking backwards while still facing towards the group of people to keep track of their movements.
My full concentration was on the men, because they were heading away from me. And as I took another step, the sound of a branch creaking was heard.
Standing in my place, I looked around here and there to find a place to hide before they noticed me.
Just then a firm grip on my wrist pulled me behind one of the trees.

And to my surprise it was Jungkook.
Behind me was the tree and infront was Jungkook. He locked me between him and the tree.

"Just stay quiet, and please don't move from here."he said and went away from me, into the view of the men.

They flashed the light from torches on him.

"Hey it's me, Jungkook."he waved at them. "Did you get her?"
"No sir. No sign of her yet." One of them said.
"Okay. I have searched this part. You can search the other way."
"Yes sir. Let's go boys."

After that they went away. I stayed in place till I couldn't see them anymore.

"Are you okay?" He held my shoulder.

"Why do you care, liar?"his expression saddened.

"Don't call me that."

"Then what should I call you after all you did to me was lie? I believed in you Jungkook. I thought you to be my only friend, and this is what you do to a friend?"he moved a little back.