🌼 Chapter 9

< °°Y/N's P. O.V°° >

"My mom called and invited us this weekend. There's some sort of family gathering, you know like meeting family, catching up blah blah blah.." I said in an uninterested tone.

"If you don't want to, we can simply not go. Make an excuse or something?" Jungkook suggested seeing my not so enthusiastic reaction.

"Pfft! I wish we could do that but naa. Mom will literally cut me into pieces if I say no. Besides, we haven't attended any family functions, I've been making excuses all these times that she wouldn't take a no for answer now."

"Well.. Then I guess we can just mark our presence and as soon as you feel like you've had enough, we can leave!"

"I guess but I don't really think you'd be able to do that. I'm so sure you'll be super busy since Mom would show you off to everyone as 'Her perfect son-in-law'." I quoted.

"That I am.. You can't deny!"He replied with a smug look.

" Finish your breakfast Mr Jeon or we'll be late." I rolled my eyes at him.

Jungkook and I have been talking a lot, more than usual. After our conversation that night, we actually started opening up to each other. We are friends now, atleast that instead of being strangers living in the same house.

It's been a week since we cleared things and ever since then I've been a little happier. Jungkook opens up to me a lot more now compared to how it was before and it's not just about work. We talk about mostly everything, our families, his friends, music, movies or just random stuffs..

" How is the designs of the new collection going? " Jungkook asked while driving.

" Pretty good I must say and very fast. By next month, it'll be done, released and out there in our stores." I smiled as I leaned back in my seat.

" I'm waiting for the increase in sales then. "

This is what I wanted. Even though he will never fall for me, the fact that I was now closer that I've ever been to him, gives me hopes.

Hopes that I can live like this with him, as long as he is my friend...

🌼🌼🌼🌼

It was already lunch time and for some reason I decided that I should ask Jungkook if he wanted to get lunch with me. I hope I don't embarrass myself though..

I approached his office as his secretary greeted me, informing me that there's a woman in Jungkook's office currently , although he didn't ask to not disturb him in any case. The secretary seemed to be doubtful but I assured him that if Jungkook gets mad, I'll take the blame.

I stood in front of his office, nervously, and heard a familiar voice. So, it's her..

I knocked a few times and got in as I heard him say 'Come in' with his stern voice.

"Why did you knock?" Jungkook asked making me surprised.

"Uh I thought you were in an important meeting or something.." I replied completely ignoring Mira's presence. "I didn't.. umm want to disturb.. Umm should I uh.. come back later?"