Chapter Two: Sylvie and Loki meet again

That night, the theater was full of people. Including Sylvie who was shocked to see an old face.

'And though it's clear, though it was always clear that this was never meant to be. If you happen to remember, stop and think of me. Think of August when the world was green. Don't think about the way things might have been. Think of me, think of me waking, silent, and resigned. Imagine me trying too hard to put you from my mind. Think of me, please say you'll think of me whatever else you choose to do. There will never be a day when I won't think of you!'

From Box Five, Sylvie watched Loki sing. They were once friends when his father was still alive. But, Sylvie had to leave because her parents had business to take care of. So to see Loki all grown up since the last time was a dream.

'Can it be? Can it be Loki? Brava! Brava!" Sylvie clapped early for him, 'Long ago, it seems so long ago. How young and innocent we were. He may not remember me but I remember him.'

'Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade. They have their seasons, so do we. But please promise me that sometimes, you will think,' Loki paused and started vocalizing before belting out, 'Of me!'

The song ended and the show ended. Loki now knew it was worth the wait. The theater cheered for him as he bowed to them. When the curtains closed and Loki was backstage, he was surrounded by ballet girls with Bucky among them. They all congratulated Loki on his performance. Natasha got their attention and congratulated Loki too saying the Angel of Music would be pleased. There was no doubt about it.

She was pleased. She was proud. Natasha turned to the girls disappointed in their performance. The ballet girls had to rehearse again. The Phantom wouldn't be happy with their dancing. As they left, a voice was heard. It was Loki's Angel, congratulating him. Bucky tried to get Loki out of his trance at the voice. When he did, Loki turned to him.

'Where in the world have you been hiding? Really, you were perfect. I only wish I knew your secret. Who is this new tutor?' Bucky asked smiling.

Loki wasn't sure whether to tell him or not. The two have been friends for years and he never told him about the angel. But, Loki trusts him.

'Father once spoke of an Angel. I used to dream she'd appear. Now as I sing I can sense her and I know she's here,' Loki went into his dressing room, took his costume off, and changed into his robes.

'Here in this room, she calls me softly. Somewhere inside, hiding. Somehow I know she's always with me. She, the unseen genius.'

'I watched your face from the shadows, distant through all the applause. I hear your voice in the darkness yet the words aren't yours,' Bucky said as Loki sat at his desk and looked in the mirror.

'Angel of music, guide, and guardian. Grant to me your glory!'

'Who is this Angel? This...'

'Angel of music, hide no longer. Secret and strange Angel,' the friends said.

'She's with me even now,' Loki said.

'Your hands are cold,' Bucky said taking his hands

'All around.'

'Your face, Loki, it's white!'

'It frightens me!'