Chapter Fourteen: Loki's arrival

Not long after, the papers revealed that Loki would be coming to America to sing in the new Opera house. And he'll be doing it to pay off Sylvie's gambling debts. And she is deep in debt too. It's surprising they had enough money to come to America. They've taken their daughter with them too. Her name is Patty. She has white skin, black hair, like her father, and brown eyes.

She originally had (Y/E/C) but, much like her father, she can change them to whatever color she likes. And she prefers brown. But she has a lot of her mother in her. She can hear melodies and songs in her head and she can play the piano as well as (Y/N). But Sylvie forbids it due to the memories and how it sounds too familiar. Not that she's worked out who the child really belongs to because of how drunk she usually is.

And not a fun drunk either. An abusive drunk. That's most likely the cause of her massive amounts of gambling debts. Anyway, on the docks, news reporters are waiting for Loki's arrival. The boat had arrived but he was still on board. But he eventually came out dressed in his fine Asgardain leather looking even more handsome than he did ten years ago.

If that was even possible. The news reporters took pictures of him, trying to get his attention. Sylvie just wanted to meet with the man who offered Loki a role for the new opera house and be away from the crowd. And she told them all to not take pictures of Patty.

"Hey, Loki, sing something!" A reporter told Loki

"Your first performance in years! Why ain't ya singin' at the Met?" Another reporter asked

"The Prince has been engaged by the well-known impresario, Mr. Oscar Hammerstein, to open his new Manhattan Opera House," Sylvie explained

"How'd he lure the great Loki Laufeyson over here anyway?" Someone asked

"It's the money, right? All that American moolah!" A reporter said

"My husband is an artist," Sylvie said

"Oh, yeah, and his art is payin' off your gambling debts, is what they're sayin' in France," a reporter said.

"Is it true you left your entire fortune on a roulette table in Monte Carlo?" Another asked

Everyone had heard about Sylvie's debts. It's not something to ignore. Sylvie was one of the richest women in Paris and now she's one of the poorest because of this problem. Sylvie was obviously offended by all this but kept it together, mostly.

"Hey, kid, how does it feel to have a famous father?" A reporter asked Patty

"Your first time to America?" Another asked

"It's two weeks till the Opera House opens. What are you gonna do?" Another asked

"You gonna go see the Statue of Liberty?"

"Gonna ride the new subway?"

"You gonna go to the baseball?"

"I want to go to Coney Island. And learn how to swim," Patty told them

She had never learned to swim because her parents thought she was too young. But Patty kept seeing children her age or younger learn so she's felt rather left out. So she's hoping to learn while she's at Coney Island. Thunder rumbles indicating there's a storm coming. And Patty saw something in the distance.

'Father, look! Right over there! Across the square! That carriage!'

In the distance was a carriage. A carriage with no horses. The people around them wondered how it worked. No one has seen such a thing like this before. Out of the carriage came Vision, Gamora and Hulk.