Introduction: Love Never Dies

America, 1915

Coney Island

But let's go back to the future one last time. Inside an abandoned, burned-down Coney Island stood Natasha. She hasn't been here in ten years after the incident that changed everyone's lives all over again. An incident that wasn't (Y/N)'s fault this time. 

"Phantasma, city of wonders. Miss Y presents marvelous astonishments, human prodigies," Natasha said remembering it all from years ago, "The Winter Soldier, five performances daily. Loki Laufeyson, the soprano of the century. Gone, all gone."

"Yes, there's nothing left, nothing but ghosts, but I knew you'd come back, Madame Romanoff," one of the oddities, Gamora said to her from behind.

Natasha turned to Gamora with a jump, "You! You're still here?"

"Of course we're still here. The freaks, the monsters, the bizarre. Where else could we exist but here? And after the tragedy, after the mistress disappeared with the child, after the fire that consumed everything!"

"Her dream. Our dream."

"Remember how it was? Remember?" Gamora asked, 'Coney Isle, Glistening and glimmering. Rising bright drenched with light. See it smile, beckoning and shimmering all agleam like a dream.'

'Every fantasy set free, sudden rising by the sea,' the duo sang together remembering what Coney was like years ago.

'Coney isle, miracle of miracles. Light and sound all around. Mile by mile, loud and lewd and lyrical. Thrill on thrill. Never still. All America was there beggar next to billionaire.' Natasha sang.

Natasha took a moment to remember the people of America flooding into Coney with smiles and excitement.

'In they came, chasing sensation and romance. Eyes aflame, desperate for pleasures yet unknown. Night and day pouring in by the hundreds of thousands swept away as their every desire was made real,' Natasha sang once again.

"That's the place that you ruined you fool!" Gamora exclaimed to Natasha pulling her out of her daydream.

"What do you mean?" Natasha asked.

"That's the world you destroyed with your greed!" 

"It wasn't my fault! I couldn't have known!" 

'Don't you remember what happened back then? When we even we dared to walk among men! When even a Phantom could dream her dark dreams once again...'