Chapter 10

Tony and Steve barged in from the elevator and interrupted our game. We bet that Natasha couldn't beat Thor in an arm wrestling match, so she tried to make the impossible possible. She was wickedly strong and almost beat Thor until Tony stated, "Stop whatever you're doing and get over here."

"Being more bossy than usual, Stark?" Tasha questioned as she used all of her strength against Thor. She strained to keep up her energy, but she attempted to be calm and cool about it.

Thor chuckled in amusement at her attempt. His muscles bulged out of his arm to where I could clearly see his veins, but he didn't even break a sweat. "Your endeavor is entertaining, Natasha, but you might as well give up."

"We have a lot of money counting on this game," Peter reported to Tony and Steve. He rubbed his hands together and watched in anticipation. A worried expression formed on his face as Natasha's hand took control of the game and was close to winning. He clutched onto Bruce's arm in fear they were going to lose the bet.

Clint rubbed Natasha's tense shoulders and watched in anticipation. "Come on, Tasha, you can do it." The look on Natasha's face became utter concentration and her stare reeked of determination. She bit her lip and used all her power to make Thor's hand slam onto the table top. Clint and I cheered out of sheer joy as Bruce and Peter cried out in despair. Thor's eyes widened as Natasha laughed and raised her hands in victory. Money was passed around to the winning betters and comments were passed.

Tony and Steve rolled their eyes and gave each other bored looks. "Are you guys done?" Steve questioned in a dead tone. They walked over to the dining room table waiting for the rest of the team to assemble. Tony set his phone in the middle of the table.

"Wait," Natasha said. She snatched the nearest phone and quickly took a picture of herself smiling in front of Peter and Bruce, who were extremely upset for losing the bet. Peter stuck his tongue out while Banner made an Are-You-Serious look. She set the phone down and led Clint and I to the table. Peter, Banner, and Thor trudged over to the table in a grumpy mood. "Now we're done."

Tony projected an image from his cell phone into the air. He snapped his hands together and walked around restlessly. "Jarvis found a lab that logged in some of the substance after a camera caught a shipment coming in. We've downloaded the buildings plans. We couldn't get into the system they have without letting them know we're coming."

I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms. "What about the account I gave you?"

Bruce took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He let out a tired sigh. "Let me guess. The account isn't active anymore."

"Precisely, big guy. After we hacked into it they deactivated the account. So, we have to storm the place while they least expect it. And by we, I mean you," Tony pointed to the rest of us and expanded the blueprints so we could see it better.

"Who's going in?" Natasha questioned. She stood on the side with her hands on the table. Her emerald eyes sparkled in the light with a hint of excitement. It might also have been the adrenaline running through her system from the game.

Steve took control from there and stood at the head of the table. He handed each of us an earpiece, except for Tony and Banner. "We're going to storm in from the back and work our way up to the lab. Clint, you're going to stay back and watch from one of the rooftops. We don't need anyone flanking us from the back." His eyes met Tasha's and ordered, "You're going to stand out front and wait to see if anyone runs out. Take them out if they do."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on here," I put up my hand to stop him from speaking and went over to the blueprints. I pointed at a few areas. "This is where the cameras are. They will see us coming, so they will make a run to the front, leaving Natasha with nearly a hundred guys." I looked Steve square in the eye and held my ground. "I've been to this building before. The best way to attack is to split up into two teams and push them in from both sides. They'll have nowhere to run."