Chapter 12

"Thor!" Steve called out. Thor ran out through the front door where he met up with Romanov and Barton. He pushed passed them and stood out in the open. "What are you doing?" Steve set his shield on his back and caught up with him. After he saw those markings on the wall, he just stormed out. Steve ran his hands through his short blonde hair and glanced around the group with his bright blue eyes.

Thor raised his hands to make us back away. Sweat dripped down his bearded face and his long blonde hair fell in his face. Parts of his blue eyes peeked through the blonde curtain and stared directly at us with sheer uncertainty. "I have to go home."

"Those symbols were from Asgard, weren't they?" I brought up. My hands rested on my hips in an attempt to rest. My powers had drained my energy and all of that running didn't help. He simply nodded and walked a bit farther to get away from us. I immediately declared, "You aren't going alone."

"What?" Thor questioned and an expression of confusion washed over his face. He tightened his grip on his hammer, "You have no idea what it's going to be like up there."

Peter added, "I'm in too." He took off his mask and revealed his sweaty face. His hair was a wet mess but he didn't seem to care. He slung his arm around my shoulder in a tired fashion and leaned on me.

Natasha joined in, "You know, as much as I would love to see how beautiful Asgard is, I think I'm going to have to pass. Seeing an alien race is one thing. Seeing another world? Too much."

Clint's hand landed on Tasha's shoulder. He wiped his face in frustration. "I've got to say, I'm with Tasha on this one. Putting up with Loki was enough for me."

"Loki's dead," Thor stated bluntly, a dead tone weighing down his voice. He glanced down at the floor and then up at the sky. He wanted to say something else, but the words were stuck in his throat.

Steve cleared his throat and thought for a moment. His blue eyes wandered around as the gears in his mind turned. A few moments seemed to pass of just silence and our heavy breathing before he said, "I'm in. Someone's got to be there if things go wrong."

"What, Peter and I aren't enough back up?" I asked, taken aback. I crossed my arms and shifted my weight onto my other leg. I knew he didn't trust me, but come on. I was part of the team. I contributed. What was his problem?

He chuckled and actually cracked a smile. That didn't make me feel any better because he was probably laughing at me and not with me. "I only believe in one God, yet here one is standing right in front of me. If I have the chance to see this magical, tell-tale city, I'm going to. I need to see it to believe it." He wiped his dirty, bloody hands on his blue suit, which didn't help him at all. It only smudged even more. His eyes landed on Natasha and Clint. "Go get the scientists. Bring them back to Stark. Interrogate them. Then they are yours to do whatever you want. We can't let them leave with the knowledge they have," he ordered. Both nodded and walked inside of the building.

The blood in my veins picked up speed and anger flowed through it. I hated that he didn't trust me. I hated that if he had a problem with me, surely I could get kicked out. I hated that he didn't even give me a chance. Was I supposed to prove myself to him? How? Did I just not get the memo? I strolled over to Thor. "Why are we here? Can't you just finish the portal that's already inside?"

Thor chuckled in amusement, "I have no clue where that portal will bring us. It will go to Asgard, but where in Asgard is the question. It's too dangerous, especially if we land right in the middle of something."

Steve and Peter walked over to stand close to us. Peter scratched the back of his head and glanced around. "So, how are we going to get there?"

"Simple. Heimdall! Open the Bifrost!" Thor called out to the heavens.