Chapter 18

AN: Thank you soooo much for all reads and of the votes! It means a lot to me. :) How are you liking the story so far?

"You're just jealous because you cannot lift Mjolnir," Thor retaliated jokingly. Him and Clint were having a light argument about how the lifting trick worked. To put it simply: there was no trick. That's what angered Barton the most.

He grew up in the circus, so he knew almost every con in the book. Magic was really just an allusion. Circuses? Get real. Those places were moving robbers that treated a lot of its members like slaves. Even if there was a miracle which made everyone under equal ruling, there was always one con artist who took advantage of the money. Barton took a sip of his coffee before spouting, "Whatever, man. The first time I saw you, you were crying like a baby because you couldn't lift it."

"It's true. I was there," Coulson added. He took a bite out of his steak and watched the two men settle down. His blue eyes switched back and forth between them. He needed to be ready just in case one of them lashed out on the other. Sometimes, even superheroes didn't get along. Coulson knows that with the Avengers, it's more than sometimes. These people had vast differences, but opposites attract. They all have specific skill sets to bring to the table and makes the team well rounded. He wiped his mouth with a napkin. "We've been talking about Thor's magical hammer for the past half hour. There is always another challenge for all of you to accomplish. I would love to see how many of you could throw Captain America's shield properly."

Everyone leaned back in their chairs and either chuckled or scoffed. Now this was going to be fun.

Natasha got in on the conversation and swayed her fork with her hand motions, "Well, we all know I can do it."

"Yeah, after we practiced with it," Steve declared with a small smirk. Natasha kicked him from underneath the table. He scrunched his nose up when he winced and rubbed his leg. Not all superheroes were naturally talented at everything. Practice makes perfect.

"I don't think it's going to be that hard. It's literally a frisbee," Peter joined in. He buttered the bread that was in his hand and glanced at everyone. No one said anything for a few seconds because they were too busy eating.

Tony finished his food and set the fork down on the plate. He pointed at Steve, "If Capsicle can do it, then I can too."

"Those are some high expectations, Tony," Banner shook his head. He had already finished four full plates of food. I don't know where he puts all of it, but he scarves it down like it's the end of the world. When the day comes where he can't have as much food as he wants, I really hope I'm not there to see it. That will be a day of heartbreak and, of course, him getting angry. I hadn't seen him turn big and green up close and personal, but that was last on my bucket list.

Stark pretended to be offended and put a hand to his chest. His brown eyes widened a bit and focused on Bruce. He scoffed, "If Cupid over there can throw the shield right without any practice, so can I."

"Hey, Cupid is taking it too far," Clint defended himself. His baby blue eyes locked onto Tony's brown ones in slight offense. Tony had a way with nicknames, but seriously, he went overboard sometimes.

I watched the events unfold from my seat. Different conversations started up and soon, it was difficult keeping up with all of it. A few argued, others laughed. Everything was normal, though. That was the odd thing. The Avengers always bickered and joked around. It was just how they were. It really surprised me how well they worked together, even with all of that piled on. Scratch out fun from earlier. This was going to turn out to be an epic argument that will turn out in either blood, sweat, tears, or all three combined. I giggled to myself, "Yeah, Big Bird has feelings, Tony."