Chapter 36

AN: Dedicated to the lovely @kristybauer7 for commenting and voting. 

"I'm guessing your...lover? Is it? Will be rushing over pretty soon. Too bad you'll already be dead," Loki gravely said into my ear piece, referencing to Steve. His breath scratched at my ear as he started to back away.

Steve fought with Red Skull. Quick punches to the face and ribs. He kept his shield on his back as he deflected moves Johann sent his way. Steve kicked him down and dove for the pistol. A few bullets shot out of the gun and ate their way through Red Skull's chest. He fell backwards. Steve's head turned in my direction and darted off towards me. "Lilly!"

I swirled around the blood in my mouth before spitting it out onto the floor. The metallic taste gave me a few ideas, even if my head was on fire from the power of the scepter. I took control of any strength I had left and faced my hand towards Loki. With a flick of my wrist, I intended to throw him across the field.

But nothing happened.

Loki pulled the scepter out of my chest and pushed me onto the ground. "Pity. Some people just choose not to trust their own rage. The Lilly I saw weeks ago is the one I prefer."

My powers...why can't I use them? I landed on my back and stared up at the sky. My hands twitched over my wound, trying to cover it, but the flesh ached from sensitivity.

Peter crouched behind the God of Mischief and used his wrist devices to throw webs onto his armor. My cousin worked quickly and started to spin around, throwing a confused Loki into the air. The scepter fell from his grasp. "Now!" He yelled.

Ironman flew out of nowhere and used his ray gun on Loki. The God hit the side of a building and slid down, still getting hit from Tony's gun. Thor joined Tony and tried to take control of the situation.

"Hulk, I need cover!" Spidey shouted at the top of his lungs. He dove next to me and ripped off his burnt mask. His hands hovered over my wound; Peter's face scrunched up in worry. His erratic breathing came to a stop and the panic settled in. "Lilly...Lilly, no... Can you heal?"

I shook my head wearily. The blue power raced through my veins and became stronger by the second. It started to change me. Control me. If it could turn my powers off, something bad was about to happen. "It's the scepter...Where is it?"

Peter glanced around quickly, his eyes searching for the weapon. "Don't worry, Lilly. I'll find it." He sprinted off to find it. Hulk jumped on top of a few enemies, smashing their bodies completely. He screamed out, grabbed a car, and knocked a bunch of soldiers over.

Steve slid across the ground after he tripped and ended up next to me. He groaned and sat up, lifting my head up onto his leg. One hand cupped my cheek and the other touched my wound. I shrieked in agony as he drew his hand back and wiped the blood off. He cringed and raised his eyebrows in anguish. "Lilly...please, stay with me."

I set my bloody hand on his. I felt the blue power run through my eyes and the frontal lobe of my brain. It sizzled and burned, making me wince from the torment. "I can't...heal..." Blood dripped down the side of my mouth, leaving a trail down to my chin. Fear started to settle in. I never feared getting hurt until now. My vision blurred over and the energy I once had started to fade.

"I need you, Lilly. Please, stay," Rogers implored. "I already lost Peggy today. Don't make me lose you too." He looked up and threw his shield at a few agents scrambling around the city. They must have been looking for Red Skull for orders on what to do next.

Peter rushed over with the scepter and handed it to me. "I don't know what else to do," he pulled at his hair and took care of some bad guys that came up.